403 replies to this topic

#316 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

Just read through... love your mini Jan... sorry to see that youve been knocked... :) the twin carbs look fabulous! you need to find the rest of those wheels as they look sexy pants!

Ed

#317 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • Local Club: Member of a Local Club?:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hi Ed! Thanks a lot! I'm watching you Minus project with big interest!

Not much done, insurance didn't come back to me yet (though I gave it to the hands of my assessor). I changed the steering rack gaiters, since I need a new TÜV this month. Re-adjusted the track - and found the tyres to be too worn for TÜV :thumbsup: Ordered two new ones, at 46€/each not a bad price for A008s :( (about £37). Though they haven't shown up yet :D

Changed the steering wheel today, since the old one has too many cracks and the seams are split.

Posted Image

It's actually the same as before, but in much better condition and with a different impact protector in the centre (more square). My favourite steering wheel (the original too!)! Though I could get weak if I had the chance to get a Nardi Classico :( :(

And then - I'm still undecided, wheter to install the Inno chrome (stainless steel to be precise) door surounds, or leave it as it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you think?? I fear that these might shift the appearance of the car to the top, making it look sort of 'top heavy' for the eye, if you get what I mean!? Especially with the black bumpers and no chrome trim elsewhere (like on the arches or sill seam p.e.)...

Maybe I install them and paint them black, just for the sake of having them :thumbsup::D

No, seriously: I'm realy undecided on this one... :(

Cheers,
Jan

#318 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Looking good :thumbsup: i deffinatly say leave it as it is :D

#319 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

id say leave the door surrounds as they are and paint the back ones black to match the front.

#320 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

I like the chrome tops... match the rear windows... but as adam has said you couls always paint them black instead...

Ed

#321 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

Mmmmmh - no, don't think so. I think I go with sweetser and leave it as it is :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Jan

#322 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Good choice jan ;)

#323 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Looks better left as it is Jan. Love the steering wheel aswell.

#324 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Better - I'm not sure. It still is a bit missing; but the Inno window frame is just too chunky ;) So looks better as it is.

Made a crappy bracket for the warning lights switch of an old switch panel... Everything to keep mr TÜV inspector happy... :) I'll replace that with something more 'classic' as soon as I'm in the mood (-_-).

Posted Image

Crappy ugly bracket = crappy ugly mobil phone picture :(

Cheers,
Jan

#325 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

you need a push/pull type switch with a warning light... that would look top.... you could put it where the warning light cluster you have is and put some warning lights in your dash?

#326 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

you need a push/pull type switch with a warning light... that would look top.... you could put it where the warning light cluster you have is and put some warning lights in your dash?

Yes, something like that :) Or the MkIII's original bracket (when they first got warning lights from factory) which bolts to the side of the heater. I got the switch but the bracket & light is missing :thumbsup:

But nope, no way I'm putting anymore into the dash! That's why I put the light cluster in the switch panel in the first place :) Would look too crowded for my likings.

I think I'm putting a pull-switch into one of the holes of the steering column bracket - that might look good. If not, I put it somewhere in the crossmeber between gear stick & handbrake lever :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Jan

#327 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

Damn this car is cool, really like the style :thumbsup:

#328 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

Damn this car is cool, really like the style :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!! :thumbsup:

#329 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Apologies for using your post to prove a point yesterday, but i am glad you joined in. I found this thread yesterday and was really impressed with your work. you are an inspiration to the UK mini owners and i commend you, well done.

#330 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Apologies for using your post to prove a point yesterday, but i am glad you joined in. I found this thread yesterday and was really impressed with your work. you are an inspiration to the UK mini owners and i commend you, well done.

Your welcome! I just though I throw a few additions in :teehee: Thank you verry much! :D That's certainly a motivation to continue (it can be frustrating at times). :)

by the way: the warning light bracket fell off already :P
I'll rivet it onto the heater...

Cheers,
Jan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users