#121 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

i think its rather bizzare how peolpe are more interested in what the head is off than what is going into the project, what if i said it was from a UFO? how would it help anyone understand any better what im doing? i doubt anyone has ever worked on one of these cars let alone seen the cylinder head off the car to compare for themselves. im not being funny about it, its just its such a *rubbish* little cheapo car no one bothers with them. please try to respect why im doing this?

#122 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

i like the look of the project chap, will keep an eye on this. Keep up the good work :)

#123 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

i like the look of the project chap, will keep an eye on this. Keep up the good work :)

nice one, thanks mate, thats the attitude i like to hear, a little encouragment lol

#124 miRon

miRon

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

i doubt anyone has ever worked on one of these cars let alone seen the cylinder head off the car to compare for themselves. im not being funny about it, its just its such a *rubbish* little cheapo car no one bothers with them. please try to respect why im doing this?

how do you know that i wasnt living in japan for years working on cars? :)

#125 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

i doubt anyone has ever worked on one of these cars let alone seen the cylinder head off the car to compare for themselves. im not being funny about it, its just its such a *rubbish* little cheapo car no one bothers with them. please try to respect why im doing this?

then if you did you would recognise it my little japanese mechanic friend. now lets keep it between us that its from a whoflungdung micro car, ok?

#126 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

anyway...

i stayed up late last night doing a bit on the block, you will have to escuse the quality of the pics but i hope you get the idea....

valve pockets in the top of the block, i didnt want to have to do this but it was tight! we all like a good fit though eh?

thats what I was worried about the two middle, how much lift have these valves?

#127 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

anyway...

i stayed up late last night doing a bit on the block, you will have to escuse the quality of the pics but i hope you get the idea....

valve pockets in the top of the block, i didnt want to have to do this but it was tight! we all like a good fit though eh?

thats what I was worried about the two middle, how much lift have these valves?

the pockets are 6mm deep at the deepest point, so 6mm of lift from the face of the head, if you follow me?

#128 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

indeed i do. this is a small bore, what would the 1275 gasket and bores look like? have you look at that

#129 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

indeed i do. this is a small bore, what would the 1275 gasket and bores look like? have you look at that

i did look at that first actually as i only had a 1275 gasket at home when i got the head back, but i think, the valve pockets needed to be cut in again and where they fell on the 1275 block was outside the fire rings, so a special head gasket needed to be made, which is an expense i really didnt want, i want this conversion to be simple to maintain when its finished, so after the initail fabrication etc all other bits need to be off the shelf items. head gasket, tensioners, belts etc etc.

#130 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

nice one keep the updates coming..

#131 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: Oldham and Distrcit Mini Club

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

Best of luck with the best of the build really looking forward to seeing this completed and how it performs

#132 miRon

miRon

• Banned
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

well i wasnt...lol

#133 holt

holt

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

I have been following this tread for a while, it looks really exiting, doing my own bmw head conversion i know a little about what it takes. i wish you the best of luck. dont let the head gasket get in the way, a custom copper gasket isent that hard to make. :D

Posted Image

http://www.efiminis.....php?topic=92.0

#134 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Looking good-dont want to make a mockery of your thread, like ive said i think its a great little project, just could'nt resist another guess! the early nissan 100nx was a 12v :D...as for the hooflungdung micro car-thats a new one on me! :(

Edited by oli79, 26 August 2008 - 07:47 PM.

#135 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

I have been following this tread for a while, it looks really exiting, doing my own bmw head conversion i know a little about what it takes. i wish you the best of luck. dont let the head gasket get in the way, a custom copper gasket isent that hard to make. ;)

Posted Image

http://www.efiminis.....php?topic=92.0

i like your head gasket, does it have any fire rings in it though around the bores?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users