#46 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

I was just wondering why the little grey teddy was in your garage thats all? Maybe a mascot for the car?

i actually saved that out the road ages ago, poor little fella, was pooring down with rain, and i felt sorry for him, so i stop the car and picked him up! sad, but true! i think its amusing that someone is more interested in the teddy than the engineering masterpiece im attempting lol

#47 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

i thinkits time for you to spill all on the head. or at least some other pics of it. looks like it will go on a small bore quite well. so a 1275 should be easy

#48 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Well ya not giving anything away about the engine so mayswell ack about the mascot lol.
Yeh spill the beans man, we want to know what it's from lol

#49 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

i thinkits time for you to spill all on the head. or at least some other pics of it. looks like it will go on a small bore quite well. so a 1275 should be easy

a gentleman never speaks of his lovers, and i shall not speak of the origin of the head lol. im not sure about it fitting a 1275 block so easily due to the spacing of the bores, a 998 block has a small gap between bores 1&2, then a larger gap, then 3&4 have a small gap. where the 1275 has the small gap between 2&3, if you follow me? i have tried a 1275 gasket against it and i can see that the valves will hit the block face when open, so it would require aditional maching to make pockets in the black for the valves, somthing i dont really want to get into, my brother has just been doing this on a 998 block to take a 12g940 head for my dads 73 mini.

#50 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

What bore are you going to on the 998 block? I think you may have problems with the outer 2 chambers. The inner valves look very close to the edge of the gasket and teh geasket is much bigger than +80 pistons. you can get +120 pistons but i am not sure how much of a difference that will make.

#51 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

What bore are you going to on the 998 block? I think you may have problems with the outer 2 chambers. The inner valves look very close to the edge of the gasket and teh geasket is much bigger than +80 pistons. you can get +120 pistons but i am not sure how much of a difference that will make.

there are a few areas that im going to tig weld to make the material up on the head so the fire rings are sitting on the gasket. the gasket in the shot is a totally standard bore size 998. and as for the valves thay do miss the gasket and block due to the angle that they open at.when closed thay do look close, (as in the picture) but as they open they are miles away from the gasket, and the block.

#52 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

ahh thats ok then. that is the only size of 998 gasket you can get by the way. are you going to us ethe geaket from the car though? it will be easier to machine and plug the block than trying to redrill stud holes for teh head.

#53 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

ahh thats ok then. that is the only size of 998 gasket you can get by the way. are you going to us ethe geaket from the car though? it will be easier to machine and plug the block than trying to redrill stud holes for teh head.

i agree, im going to use the a series gasket, or possibly have one specially made up as most the holes will be redundant, and a few are in the wrong place. the stud holes in the head on the exhaust/back of the head have loads of material around them so they can be moved to wherever suits. and in response to your previous question im going to run the block at the standard bore size.

#54 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

Now i just have to figure out what engine it came from

#55 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Now i just have to figure out what engine it came from

good luck with the guessing on that then, its a relatively unheard of car, i have seen a few about, and there are tons of them for sale over here, but no-one wants one! they are a *rubbish* car to be honest, ugly, and cheap looking. there are no parts available for them, and even haynes dont do a manual for it. if it all works out the only problem with anyone else doing it would be you would pretty much have to buy a complete car to get a head, crank pulley, and other bits to adapt, such as the inlet manifold, even though all you want fo that is the flange to mount webbers/bike carbs on after a little fabrication.

#56 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Manufacturer: Perodua?

#57 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

never heard of them mate, its not an unusual manufacturer, its just an odd model, im told they are imports to the uk, hence no one hass them listed in spares shops

#58 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

could be from a perodua kelisa? possibly

#59 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

could be from a perodua kelisa? possibly

that sounds like an s-t-d lol.

#60 miRon

miRon

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

stop being gay and share your knowledge!!!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users