#16 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Aria Aradhea for posting the pics, very helpful and a clever solution for fitting air con in a Mini with the condenser rad underneath the boot floor to save space, perhaps it could be protected from stones with a wire mesh or grille? Does it have an electric fan also?
I guess fitting air con is pretty essential in your climate?

The condenser rad should have electric fan fitted above it, but I couldn't remember which way it goes: whether it's blowing air, or sucking it...

I guess fitting air con is pretty essential in your climate?

Yeah... I for one think it's one of the most essential thing to have in a car... hot climate plus high humidity equals to Free Turkish Bath.... :huh:

#17 KKKJJJ

KKKJJJ

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:54 AM

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdian...irfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo bu

#18 bmc1275

bmc1275

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: MOC Company

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hi, I think photos of my Minis might interest you.

My car is 1999 Rover Mini Cooper John Cooper S5 conversion with retso-fitted air con in Japan. I bought the car from JCG new.
You can see, it is very tight in the engine room and compressor is actually hanging outside (inside the wheel arch!)
but very neat instlation. You can see condensor is on the right han side like old radiator on the left hand side to give maximum
cooling.
My wifes car is a Japan Spec Mayfair bought new from Rover Japan dealer (now gone bankrupt). All Japan spec
Minis have air con standard and they were fitted at Longbridge. Japan spec Minis never recieved front rad or Mpi, so kept
Spi and side rad. Compressor is situated below the ACG and again, condensor is mounted on the right hand side.

Both set up workes very well, and becuase Mini is small, it gives sufficient cooling in Summer (remember in Japan, temperature sometimes reaches 39 degree C).

There are a lot of Minis broken for spares and second hand air con spares are plentiful (for the moment). And many Japanese Mini parts supplyer
are looking for remanufacturing parts for air con. If you need help, please let me know.

Attached Files

#19 bmc1275

bmc1275

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: MOC Company

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

I will post more pictures later on. I think I used up available space,,,,

#20 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,135 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Dave, how about something like this?

http://www.cbsonline...ircon-294-p.asp

They do loads of stuff like this for kit cars etc.

#21 gfg

gfg

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hi, I think photos of my Minis might interest you.

My car is 1999 Rover Mini Cooper John Cooper S5 conversion with retso-fitted air con in Japan. I bought the car from JCG new.
You can see, it is very tight in the engine room and compressor is actually hanging outside (inside the wheel arch!)
but very neat instlation. You can see condensor is on the right han side like old radiator on the left hand side to give maximum
cooling.
My wifes car is a Japan Spec Mayfair bought new from Rover Japan dealer (now gone bankrupt). All Japan spec
Minis have air con standard and they were fitted at Longbridge. Japan spec Minis never recieved front rad or Mpi, so kept
Spi and side rad. Compressor is situated below the ACG and again, condensor is mounted on the right hand side.

Both set up workes very well, and becuase Mini is small, it gives sufficient cooling in Summer (remember in Japan, temperature sometimes reaches 39 degree C).

Hi bmc1275,
I will appreciate very much if you help me buying a A/C set for my 1996 mini. I am living in Greece and the summer here is hot , very hot !!

#22 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

I will have a full aircon setup from 1996 jap spec mini next week, i just PM'd you about it.

Let me know if you are interested!

#23 thecentennial

thecentennial

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

...digging up an old thread..if anyone has any classic mini AC kits available I'll take them off your hands.

Edited by thecentennial, 12 February 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#24 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,054 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Mini A/C Kits may be available soon from Florida USA:

At this time we do not offer a kit for the Austin Mini Cooper. However, we are currently working on developing a kit for the Austin Mini that we hope to have together soon. Feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] to be added to our mailing list so that we may notify you when the Austin Mini Kit is available.

http://nostalgicac.c...ccessories.html

classicminiaircon-1.jpg

Photo above showing the Factory Air Conditioning Parts for Classic Mini, RHD. This is a complete factory a/c unit removed from an early 1990's Japanese spec Mini. Includes all the components (compressor, brackets, condenser, drier and evaporator), dash parts, belts, wiring harness and switches.

Cooling- Air Conditioning Rover Factory Part Numbers/Diagrams:
http://www.somerford...age=page&id=105

MC-Japan-ac.jpg

AIR-CON2.jpg

air-con4.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 12 February 2014 - 07:34 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users