#1 mofa

mofa

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

i just want to know about the different between other country mini body then Malaysia.... :shifty:

some of the mechanic here in my country said there is several different between Malaysia mini local body and Malaysia mini Japan body.....
what's really the different is?????

they said to me we can identify it from the looks of the body....

the things is if the body from japan it maybe a re con body.
so it maybe is a body that had been graft from the half cut store (it not safe to use)
also maybe it a full body
or just it had been cut at the roof and had been join back in my country
because Japan will not keep their car for long.. so the car will be cut and send anywhere around the world...
some just buy it and make a spare part and some will graft it back

so anyone got some idea how can i really identify the differences???

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,650 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I think they will all have started life in the UK.

Minis were also made in Ital, Spain, Australia, Venezuala, Chile and probably one or two other places but I think only in the UK in the last years of production.

#3 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

I seconded with Ethel... they all started life on the UK, just minor detailing that sets them apart. For Japanese Minis, you got the bigger Clubman rear bumper for front and rear bumper (like the one on the Mini 1100 Special in the UK) and of course you got the aircon. My two Minis were from Japan, cut into two by the separating the roof and the body and then joined together. Difference from local South East Asian countries perhaps that we don't get Mini Citys here, but all came with a Mini HLE specs (three instrument binnacle mounted centrally, opening rear quarterlights and some minor detailings), and SEAsian spec cars don't come fitted with a heater. In Indonesia, that was the case with the official Mini imports from 1970 up to 1979, I don't know about things on Malaysia though.

Trouble is - at least in Indonesia - there are a lot of urban Mini myths, like the Y-type engine (actually an Australian manufactered A-series engine) supposedly be faster than "normal" engines, or even funnier, the late engines were of the 1300cc capacity, while the older ones were the 1275cc (they were adamant that the CC capacity is different), or all Saloon type bodyshell are called Mini Cooper. It can be confusing sometimes. This is partly because the Mini was never been fully endorsed by BMC/Leyland/Rover in this part of the world, so the owners resorted to private mechanics and garages with their knowldege came from hands-on experience working with Minis rather than academically learned...

Sorry for the rant, and for the long post. Hope this helps, and welcome to TMF!! :withstupid:

#4 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Canada minis to get past regulations have:

Diffrent exhaust system to lower emissions.
Higher Bumpers.
Bumper are tied into sub frames.
Side door catches to stop door falling in on a crash.
LARGE side repeaters.
Higher Indicators
Front bumper tied into front of car and subframe more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users