562 replies to this topic

#46 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:47 PM

i recon so but i think you'd need to make up spacers for the calipers to line up with the disk. Could take abit of tinkering to get right but as the mounting holes line up on the hub its just a matter of lining everything else up. You'd need to use turned down vented metro disks but as thats almost mini that all fits easy. Must be worth a try!

#47 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,231 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm, wonder if it might be a good route for me when I want to fit 10" rims in the future? I reckon I might give it a go! :fear:

#48 Mr Sam

Mr Sam

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

anyone want to buy some rusty fiesta calipers :angry:

worth knowing ill make shure i save my calipers when i strip the other fiesta

#49 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

yeh those calipers are tricky to get off the scrappy now, then i found out my local auto factors will do a reocon one for £30 but 10 exchange charge so still worth keeping if you have some

#50 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

yeh those calipers are tricky to get off the scrappy now, then i found out my local auto factors will do a reocon one for £30 but 10 exchange charge so still worth keeping if you have some

#51 foster

foster

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hey this looks like a canny project, the brake idea sounds well to, let me know how it goes when the pick up's up n running, also if you need ant pannels for the truck have a look in the for sale section

#52 Mr Sam

Mr Sam

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

ill ask on the fiesta forum if anyone else is after a set, afraid the ones on my other mk1 are a bit rusty

were standard items used or xr2 items (not to shure if xr2 calipers are uprated tho) does this mean willwood 4 pots will fit

#53 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:23 PM

Foster: thanks for the pointer but the pickup shells finished now just waiting for paint (cant afford it on the student budget ) :sad:

Mr Sam: i think fiesta calipers are stainless inside so they should be fine even if they are rusty on the outside, i used standard calipers not xr2 as xr2 stuf is for vented disks, im not sure about the willwoods though they might not be slim enough to go under the rims as the standard calipers are tight. Willwood are developing a 4 pot for 10" wheeled at the moment anyway.

#54 Mini_resto

Mini_resto

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Mini Owners

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:53 PM

Sounds like its all going well

#55 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

Thinking about buying some fiesta calipers off ebay and do this conversion but wondered if mambas will fit over them if anybody knows?

#56 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:16 AM

this is an excellent conversion that updates any tired minis breaks and allows 10 inch on the 8.4 hub.
But please check with your insurance company that they will accept this mod as i made the mistake and have had an insurance claim invalidated as a result

Pah. Ammetures! :tongue:

My mini is registered as a white 998 Automatic.
It is actually a Purple 1275 Manual. :lol:

Ive claimed on somebody insurance for crashing into me.
the claim went through. The mini was assessed. The assessor didnt even pick up on the colour. let alone the fact it had a different engine.

I REALLY much re-insure / register it as a Blue / purple 1275 manual tho....

The brake conversion looks great, Im after some Grooved/drilled disks and some better pads for my setup as I get a LOT of shake in the steering wheel under brakeing at the moment.

#57 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

Thinking about buying some fiesta calipers off ebay and do this conversion but wondered if mambas will fit over them if anybody knows?

i dont belive they will im afraid im using 10x5 super slots and ive got about about 3-5mm clearance all round, about the same as 4 pots, which dont fit with mambas. cooper s is the only way to go with mambas :sad:

#58 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

Wheres the clearence issue, on the caliper or mounting brackets?

#59 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

the caliper shoulder itself is were i would imagine it will rub, the mounting bracket is the part the caliper slides on thats not much bigger than the mouning lugs on the hub.

#60 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Yeah I noticed after I posted that the mounting bracket doesn't look that much bigger then the disk on the pic you posted.

Wonder if it would be possible to use 7.5 inch disks and find a way to bring the caliper in a little.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users