#556 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

I dont think so without using a spacer. The callipers will catch the inner rim where the centre is welded to the outer rim.

#557 dudiome

dudiome

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

hmm if someone could check that would be extremely appreciated! i have a mini that HAS to go on s wheels, just because its all part of what the car will look like when its finished, sort of a euro modern day racer, because im buying a bare shell only it will never get back to original.

if the calipers need a bit of mods i dont mind this, nor do i mind a "sensibly" sized spacer.

please let me know, theres a few people i have spoken to who would like an answer to this >_<

thanks
scott

#558 tommy13

tommy13

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

I have done this conversion using Mk2 Fiesta calipers. The standard 10" wheels fouled on the caliper, and the only cure is to grind some material from the caliper and fit a 5mm spacer to the hub.

Another problem with the whole setup is that to be legal you will probably have to run arches, as a combination of the Metro hub and 5mm spacer move the wheel from under the wing.

In an attempt to find wheels which will fit and may have an offset which will bring them back under the wing I made a cardboard template of the hub and caliper profile which I could take to shows and try inside various wheels. I could find only 2 possible candidates which would fit without the 5mm spacer and clear the caliper and with an offset which may bring them back under the wing. These were 10x4 1/2 Rostyles and the aluminium cooper s pattern 4 1/2 x10, I also found the steel cooper s 4 1/2" 9 hole type ( not reverse) will not fit without the use of spacers, although I don't know how thick they would need to be.

If you don't mind running arches then almost any wheel will fit, some with spacers and some without.

#559 dudiome

dudiome

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

thats brilliant, thankyou thats exactly what i needed to know! arches are not a problem, neither is a sensible spacer, i just didnt want to have to space my wheels out by an inch and cut half the caliper off!

i will get working on this now, i havnt picked up the shell yet, trying to get a few bolt on bits ready first before i clear space for the shell.

thankyou very much!
scott

#560 marc426

marc426

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hi there,

I've been lately starting to look for the usual fiesta calipers in order to tackle the famous conversion...
I've just got one problem : I sourced some fiesta calipers but the seals in them are shot and I can't seem to find them anywhere on the interweb...

Oh and another thing : would anyone be able to tell me what type are my calipers judging by the piston size?

It's 50,9mm high and 47,9mm in diameter.

MK1, MK2??....

Hope this is the right place to ask.

Thanks,

Marc

#561 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Mk1 callipers have metal sliders to hold the callipers in, mk2 have bolts/pin type things that the calliper side on.

Or just cross my palms with some sliver and save your self the trouble and have a look in the classified section.

#562 springhead

springhead

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Threads abit old now but if anyone is looking for metro drive flanges you can purchase them from rover still for a suprising £26+vat

#563 hotrodik

hotrodik

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: hiiu pubi

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Anyone has tryed those wheels with fiesta calipers, or only 6inch do the job?
http://www.minispare...mp;prod_id=1317

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users