562 replies to this topic

#451 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

I'm doing the conversion and i was wandering if anyone knows the part numbers for the hose assembly? as i have noticed that some people have used different fittings and i'd like to use the one with the 20degree banjo? like Gr4h4m :shifty:

and as for facing off the surfaces, on the hub and where the hose enters the caliper.. is it ok to just use a file or do they ned to milled by a pro..

thanks!

#452 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

All of the pipes for my build were got as parts and made up. Goodridge kit from Deamon Tweeks, as they are down the road. If you read back a few posts/pages people have also got them made up from Rally design I think.... have a read its all there.

#453 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

Where have people sent the calipers off to get re-built? (new pistons and seals)

And how much should i expect to pay?

#454 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

8.4's wont fit under 10's unless you use a masssssssiiiivvvvveee spacer or those jap wheels...

im sure i can get 8.4" discs to fit. its the caliper that hits the wheel not the disc.

if i can get the caliper to fit then an 8.4" disc will run through the caliper nor problem . there is more than enough space for a bigger disc to run through.

as it stands the 7.9" disc has the pads hanging over the edge. so an 8.4" will fill it much better, therefore more pad surface on the disc and theoretically better braking.

#455 Honda-Mini

Honda-Mini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish mini club

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

just a thought...

looking at this picture
Posted Image

could you not machine, say 4mm off the inside of the hub lug and 4mm off the caliper carrier, use a 25mm M10 bolt instead and then use std mini drive flanges so keeping original track?

i know its a bit more machining, but hypothetically possible?

i ask as it would be easier to use std drive flanges rather than try to source vented ones for a lot of folks, and if your having stuff machined anyway, it's only a couple of faces extra so why not? strength issue of the metal? surely not for 4mm or so per item side?

thoughts please

regards
Martyn

#456 gavfoz

gavfoz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

the wheels are 10" mini special alloys and its NO where near even close to fitting.

C**p. I knew my D1s wouldn't fit but I just assumed the Specials would. New wheels then. . .

Where have people sent the calipers off to get re-built? (new pistons and seals)

And how much should i expect to pay?

£30-£40 each with a servicable exchange judging on past experience. This place does them on an exchange basis but you may get them cheaper elsewhere. They also do parts but might be worth trying your local Ford garage first.

#457 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

will 10x6 minilights fit?

#458 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

Could some one tell me if when i fit the Mk2 fiesta breaks, what effect will this have on the positioning of the wheel? will it make the wheel stick out and further or with it make it move in to the body more? And how much movement are we talking?

I have std 8.4" mini discs atm.

#459 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

Your wheels will be about 10mm further out as you need to use a metro drive flange.

cheers

#460 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

it will stick out further, I think its 10mm but I can't remember. (Just thinking about a vented dis is norm about 20mm and a solid about 10)

#461 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Cheers :lol:

#462 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Mark beat me to it...

#463 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

8.4's wont fit under 10's unless you use a masssssssiiiivvvvveee spacer or those jap wheels...

im sure i can get 8.4" discs to fit. its the caliper that hits the wheel not the disc.

if i can get the caliper to fit then an 8.4" disc will run through the caliper nor problem . there is more than enough space for a bigger disc to run through.

as it stands the 7.9" disc has the pads hanging over the edge. so an 8.4" will fill it much better, therefore more pad surface on the disc and theoretically better braking.

P.S my pads dont overhang the disc.

#464 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

will 10x6 minilights fit??? anyone

#465 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

the best way to find out it to test them on someones mini that has them fitted as there are som many different types of minilights its hard for people to say if they would fit for sure, but i would imagine they would...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users