#302 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

had a quick scan but couldnt find it so im going to ask...

What size are the mounting bracket bolts, as i have mislaid mine ^_^

thanks

Just checked the VT and we used M10 by 30mm Allen bolts they MUST be high tensile we are using Mk2 calipers so it might be different if you are using Mk1. Oh and the original bolts were too short.

Edited by Gr4h4m, 26 March 2007 - 08:41 AM.

#303 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

You will need to measure the fiesta disc diameter, The mk2 and mk3 look exactly the same but the mk2 ones we ned to use runa a 220mm disc,
1600 cc mk2 fiesta and all mk3 ran 240mm diameter which do not fit as i tried on Grahams hubs plus the piston diameter is too big aswell. but disc size is the easy way to confirm suitability for conversion to fit mini.

Cheers

Thanx mate, without this i would be stuck with mk3 calipers.
Phoned the guy, and the discs were 239 mm, so that are mk3 then i guess.

The search continues...

Yep we checked into the Mk3 solid disk calipers but they are spaced out to far we could only find Mk1 or Mk2 that seemed to fit with the 7.9" disc, and therefore under 10's

#304 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

oh another myth solved, anyone who has drive shafts with the inner rubber cross joints they fit the disc braked CV fine, you just need some new drive shaft clips. ^_^

Edited by Gr4h4m, 26 March 2007 - 04:15 PM.

#305 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

with the recess that fouls the banjo, is it possible to just use 2 or 2 copper washers under the banjo so they sit just proud of the recess?

Well why not.. But I'd rather file the recess down enough since it's so easy job to do.

I agree to filing it down after seeing the job Mark did on mine they look the dogs, and I 'm not sure if the copper washer would fit in the recess anyway.

#306 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

I 'm not sure if the copper washer would fit in the recess anyway.

lol good point. i will be filing mine out when i eventually et around to ordering some hoses.

#307 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

all the info including the hose measurement will be included in our new How to video which Graham is just putting the final touches to the editing.

Cheers

#308 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Flying Finns

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

Have anyone of you had problems with uneven braking after installing the brakes? At the moment when I do normal braking, mini steers hard to the left. If I do very hard braking and lock the wheel, mini steers on the right. Could this be because the pads haven't settled in yet or something else? Pads are EBC greenstuff ones and so far I have driven less than 10km with them. And yes, the brakes have been bleed couple of times, so there's no air in them.

#309 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

Have anyone of you had problems with uneven braking after installing the brakes? At the moment when I do normal braking, mini steers hard to the left. If I do very hard braking and lock the wheel, mini steers on the right. Could this be because the pads haven't settled in yet or something else? Pads are EBC greenstuff ones and so far I have driven less than 10km with them. And yes, the brakes have been bleed couple of times, so there's no air in them.

I have done a couple of emergency stops on mine and they have been bang on straight. all I can think of is

How were the bushes, lower arm and tie bar? Were the tie bars dead straight Tracking, and wheel pressures ok? are the calipers and slides working correctly?

#310 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

I have done a couple of emergency stops on mine and they have been bang on straight. all I can think of is

How were the bushes, lower arm and tie bar? Were the tie bars dead straight Tracking, and wheel pressures ok? are the calipers and slides working correctly?

Hmm... bushes are ok, there's no play what so ever. I need to check the tire pressures, but those should be ok. If i remember right, last year when I had the mini in 4-wheel-alignment, the guy said that the front left wheel is a bit more back than the right one. Although all arms and tie bar are straight, no bends in subframe etc. Calipers and slides are working correctly.

edit: I need to check that the calibers are sitting straight to discs. If it's a bit off the line, it could cause that. right?

Edited by Purtsi, 01 April 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#311 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hmm... bushes are ok, there's no play what so ever. I need to check the tire pressures, but those should be ok. If i remember right, last year when I had the mini in 4-wheel-alignment, the guy said that the front left wheel is a bit more back than the right one. Although all arms and tie bar are straight, no bends in subframe etc. Calipers and slides are working correctly.

edit: I need to check that the calibers are sitting straight to discs. If it's a bit off the line, it could cause that. right?

we had to use a washers to centeralised the caliper mounting bracket in the middle of the disc. the hub isn't always inline as you are bolting to the other side than you would with the mini.

#312 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

Need to test with the washers then. Hopefully that will sort out the problem...

#313 City

City

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Local Club: mercia mini's

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

i have a mk1 fiesta im breaking at the moment so if any one else wants to have a go at this conversion, there up for grabs, and i doubt they'l be realllly expensive

#314 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Gr4h4m is there any updates on the video yet?

#315 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Gr4h4m is there any updates on the video yet?

editing it... will be soon hopefully this wek, but I'm trying to get the other jobs on the car done for show on Sunday :xxx:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users