Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Flying Finns

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

mate your hose set up looks spot on!

what banjo did you use on the mini end?

did you file away at the caliper to remove the recess? or have you used an extra copper washer? or something different altogether?

chers

J

Those goodridge hoses were really easy to assemble and look really good too :wub:

I believe that this image tells enough about the banjo :angel: it has 20 degree angle by the way.

Attached File  IMG_2881.jpg   415.26K   91 downloads

Funny thing is that it was enough that I filed a bit away from the other caliper since only other one had high collar on it. The surface itself is seemed to be very flat, so only one washer is enough.

#242 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

yeah its a 20* extended banjo, cool cheers.

how long are the hoses?

how do you aactually connect them up yourself?

#243 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

yeah its a 20* extended banjo, cool cheers.

how long are the hoses?

how do you aactually connect them up yourself?

I didn't measure the hoses, but the length is exactly same as the goodridge hoses that are used with normal 2-pot mini calipers.

I took this from the goodridge pdf :wub:

Attached File  goodridge.jpg   198.72K   107 downloads

#244 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

cheers mate,

could you measure them please?

#245 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

mate your hose set up looks spot on!

what banjo did you use on the mini end?

did you file away at the caliper to remove the recess? or have you used an extra copper washer? or something different altogether?

chers

J

Those goodridge hoses were really easy to assemble and look really good too :wub:

I believe that this image tells enough about the banjo :angel: it has 20 degree angle by the way.

Attached File  IMG_2881.jpg   415.26K   91 downloads

Funny thing is that it was enough that I filed a bit away from the other caliper since only other one had high collar on it. The surface itself is seemed to be very flat, so only one washer is enough.

W have completed the refurb on the hubs and bolted everything together today we have used a washer to space the caliper and it worked well..

#246 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:51 PM

cheers mate,

could you measure them please?

I can, but it'll take time since I wont be going to garage again in a fortnight :wub:

W have completed the refurb on the hubs and bolted everything together today we have used a washer to space the caliper and it worked well..

What drive flange you're using and did you put the washer between the hub and caliper mounting bracket or somewhere else?

#247 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

What drive flange you're using and did you put the washer between the hub and caliper mounting bracket or somewhere else?

We are using metro vented disc flanges, and the washer is between the hub and the caliper mounting bracket to push the caliper bracket out so it sits in the middle of the disc

#248 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

We are using metro vented disc flanges, and the washer is between the hub and the caliper mounting bracket to push the caliper bracket out so it sits in the middle of the disc

Seems to be that I'm only one here who is using standard metro drive flanges... oh well, just need to get the washers behind the flanges and it should be ok..:wub:

#249 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

Purtsi as long as they are from vneted discs they will be fine. non vented discs wont move the disc out far enough to fit the caliper in. this is probably why you need to make a spcer.

I have pics somewhere of the differences between the standard mini flane and the metro vented flange. I will try and dig them out

#250 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

I have pics somewhere of the differences between the standard mini flane and the metro vented flange. I will try and dig them out

theres this one

Posted Image

mine is exactly this with the washer too.

I can, but it'll take time since I wont be going to garage again in a fortnight sad.gif

ah right i should have mine bolted up to measure them myself by then but if not could you measure them anyways when you have chance.

J

#251 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

Purtsi as long as they are from vneted discs they will be fine. non vented discs wont move the disc out far enough to fit the caliper in. this is probably why you need to make a spcer.

I don't think its the drive flange I think its the MK2 calipers and not spaced the same, the issue we are having is the disc is pushed out too far and touches the caliper mounting bracket hence why the caliper bracket needs moving out a little more.

#252 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

Here we go folks, As Gr4h4m Said earlier, Here are our completed hub assemblys, New bearings, swivel joints aswell as the brake conversion.

Attached File  CIMG0213.JPG   279.98K   71 downloads Attached File  CIMG0214.JPG   279.98K   72 downloads

Attached File  CIMG0217.JPG   294.3K   70 downloads

And here they are installed in 6x10 GB alloys.

Attached File  CIMG0220.JPG   320.94K   75 downloads

All we need to do know is to get them on the car and make our hoses.

Cheers

Edited by markrally73, 25 February 2007 - 10:15 PM.

#253 Purtsi

Purtsi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

Looking very good mate. all parts are nice and clean and ready to be put in place.. :wub:

#254 OllyD

OllyD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

This is all looking awesome guys. Can i dare to hope that a full on step by step guide with pictures is coming up in the near future? I'm completely useless at following instructions without pictures, so i've got fingers and toes crossed!

#255 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

This is all looking awesome guys. Can i dare to hope that a full on step by step guide with pictures is coming up in the near future? I'm completely useless at following instructions without pictures, so i've got fingers and toes crossed!

Mark and I are producing a vid...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users