bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

i must thank you bigchief3679
the mini's great im glad i done it and took the plunge there was a few times that i gave up
but persevere i did and its great just a quick question it runs hot to hot i think it is down to
using mini rad,ive just put in an old mini thermostat 75 degreee one im going to try
that later have you had any similar problems.
andy

hi all................ i definitely have never had any heating issues and we're in the tropics! is your fan pulling air through the rad onto your left wheel as in the original mini setup? if not as you move forward there is a chance that less air will be drawn thru it.

i can't wait to show you guys what i have been working on (just a little hint, it doesn't belong in this section :angel: )

Fusion Ed, i am a big fan of your work on MSC. you have really opened my eyes to the true potential of nissan's little monster cg engine

#572 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

Hey bigchief, when u gonna put up the "OTHER" conversion pics up? lol.
By the way guys, im driving my carbureted CG13 a couple of weeks now. We had a little trouble with the CG10. We blew 2 head gaskets. Think the aftermarket gasket was the problem. Wasnt getting th OEM gasket. So hence the upgrade.
And its scary as hell!!!. This thing runs like an escaped convict with 13 pitbulls after him! yep its that fast!
Clocked 152 kmph before I ran out of highway!

#573 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Good stuff minidude, thats what we love! I know it's juvenile but any idea of 0-62 times?

#574 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hi Big

This is the frame i am doing for a customer very similar to yours! this has been in the car a few times and we have had to move the engine very slightly from our first positioning, this will be back with the customer for the next two weeks, then i hope we can have it back for final finishing. Might even make a few more frames while we are at it if there is enough interest

Any idea on a price!?

Excellent thread guys, read it from start to finish.

#575 bigmotherwhale

bigmotherwhale

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi everyone
i have an bosch external high pressure injection fuel pump that i was going to use with a fuel cell but i sold the fuel cell and im going to use the MPI tank and pump for my conversion, so im offering it to you lot here first, Posted Image

£55 posted, cost £105

#576 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Good stuff minidude, thats what we love! I know it's juvenile but any idea of 0-62 times?

Sorry bro! My tach and speedo are not working currently so im not running it all out just yet. The only reason I knew how fast i was doing was because there was a guy with a Peugeot chasing behind me.!
But as soon as i get those sorted out, you'll be the first to know! :)

#577 drummerian

drummerian

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:48 PM

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=169642

cg13de wiring guide

#578 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: Monkeyjim Mini's

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi guys .

Well I have not been on here for ages . Not been working on the car for ages either .
To remind you , I am fitting a 93 1300 in my standard round front Mini . I had a Allspeed frame as a basis for the conversion .

Engine is now in with Bigchief style front mounts and I was looking at alternator mounting when I last posted .

The alternator will be fitted at the back of the engine in BigChief position but as someone had already mentioned in a previous post the 2 spare threaded holes at the top of the head at the back are not very substantial .
There is also another single bolt lower down that could be incorporated into a bracket .

Are these the ones people use , are they substantial enough .

I apologise if this has been covered , I have been trying to catch up on posts now I am back on the project .

How do you mount the alternator ?

I have got the chairman of my Mini club intetrested in this conversion and he has just bought a 1300 to put in his clubby estate .

Dave

#579 drummerian

drummerian

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

hey, i have managed to mount my alternator to these bolt holes with no problems as of yet, i have used the 2 mentioned and a drop down to one of the bolts on the inlet manifold. so far no problems...

#580 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: Monkeyjim Mini's

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

hey, i have managed to mount my alternator to these bolt holes with no problems as of yet, i have used the 2 mentioned and a drop down to one of the bolts on the inlet manifold. so far no problems...

Lovely , thanks for that . The manifold one was the lower one I thought could be used .

All of these conversions are differant for all sorts of reasons , in my case the alternator would be close to the brake master cylinder and I cannot use the standard Mini cylinder .

I am still using the standard Mini pedal box but am interested to know if anyone has used the AP racing master cylinder that uses the standard Mini cylinder mounting studs ?
The AP one is 0.75inch bore and I will be using a remote resevoir .
Can the standard push rod be used .

Dave

#581 harespeed

harespeed

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hi GUYS.
Things have gone a bit quiet on the thread so here`s a pict. I`m Back from NZ so will get back into the garage soon.
Jim

#582 harespeed

harespeed

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

HHmmm could not load the picts. Will sort it out soon. >_<

Edited by harespeed, 22 October 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#583 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

HHmmm could not load the picts. Will sort it out soon. >_<

Hurry up :thumbsup:

#584 harespeed

harespeed

Passed Test