apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Bigchief,

Just a quick question do you have any photos you can post of the engine mounts and gearbox mounts you fabricated so I can have some similar ones made up ? Perhaps if you let me know the dimensions as well and the thickness of the box section used that would be terrific.

Thanks Andrew

#512 miilor

miilor

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

nombre [quote = "drummerian 'date =' 13 de abril 2010, 16:26 post '= '1795467']
Hola chicos,

Sólo me preguntaba si alguien había tenido una carnicería en la rueda de la polea en el motor. Pienso que puedo salvar a un pequeño espacio de 'cortar' fuera de la izquierda había (más grande) de la polea y se queda con el más pequeño, que luego se utiliza para ejecutar el alternador también.

Sólo me preguntaba si esto se ha hecho, como, cuando tomé la mía en el taller de máquinas que estaban preocupados tocase el anillo de goma en el interior las dos ruedas de la polea, cualquier idea al respecto?

Gracias!

Ian
[/ Quote]

Hola from spain

I think cutting the pulley is not good for the crankshaft, the rubber is a vibration system.
I have a project of a micron swap in a fiat 600. cbr 600 carbs and use a FORD EDIS wheel with Triger 36 / 1 for the welded on the alternator pulley, so you do not need ECU

Edited by miilor, 30 May 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#513 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hi everyone,

I am slowing progressing the search for the parts needed for my engine transplant:

So far including costs:

Nissan K11 1 litre engine with 27K on the clock - £99, gearbox £50, radiator plus electric fan £20, ecu and loom £25, throttle body £20, air induction kit £29.99. Driveshafts free although one is cut too short to be any use, so looking for another one. Starter motor £20.

Mini subframe sandblasted and painted £11.95, engine mounts (landrover) 3 x £3.99. MG 4 - 2 - 1 exhaust manifold £10 plus another £10 in tubing to extend downpipes and link to my exisiting DTM mini exhaust (work to be done).

Metro vented disks and calipers (I have already had but with new pads) costs circa £75. Goodridge hoses £39.99. I also have ready for my mini hi los and negative camber kit.

Gear linkage and gear knob £25.00

Nissan Dizzy plus HT leads £9.95 (it was cheaper to buy another dizzy than buy a single HT lead from Nissan)

Sundry paint and aerosols - around £25.00 I suppose.

I just thought it might be useful for anybody whos interested in this build to get any idea of the costs involved.

Andrew

http://www.theminifo...x...st&id=99037

http://www.theminifo...x...st&id=99041

http://www.theminifo...x...st&id=99040

http://www.theminifo...x...st&id=99039

http://www.theminifo...x...st&id=99038

Attached Files

#514 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

nice pictures......i see you've got the small gearbox :proud:
why did you not use ur original mini rad, side mounted?

#515 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

Bigchief,

Yes I have the smaller box as the engine and box came off a 1996 Micra but are as you can see in excellent condition and with a low mileage.

I have both the Micra alloy radiator which comes ready to go with fan and I also have a recond Mini radiator which is heavier by the way but as I am fitting a Mini Clubman front end I have more room at the front of the car so I can (I hope ) fit the Micra radiator. Just a plan at the moment.

Andrew

#516 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

Good stuff, the engine looks amazing, would be good if you could get the micra rad in. Are you going to start a build thread or keep posting on this one?

#517 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks it took alot of cleaning although it was in excellent nick and a few cans of VHT paint and a little polishing and there she is.

Working on subframe today and have started building her up with negative camber bars new suspension rubbers etc.

Not sure about a standalone thread as this build could take me a few months if not a year, as in no hurry.

Happy to offer posted advice as a real layman working his way through this.

This thread although excellent in the early years seems to be very quiet these days, is there no one out there ........................................ ?

Andrew

#518 minidude1000

minidude1000

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

Love the pictures of the engine! If thats how you did the engine, can't wait to see the car! :rolleyes:

#519 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

Engine looks good mate, what sort of power should it be kicking out??

#520 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

Thanks it took alot of cleaning although it was in excellent nick and a few cans of VHT paint and a little polishing and there she is.

Working on subframe today and have started building her up with negative camber bars new suspension rubbers etc.

Not sure about a standalone thread as this build could take me a few months if not a year, as in no hurry.

Happy to offer posted advice as a real layman working his way through this.

This thread although excellent in the early years seems to be very quiet these days, is there no one out there ........................................ ?

Andrew

Well I can see all the effort you've put in, it's even the same colour I'd like to do mine!
Yeah, I agree about this thread being a bit quiet now, but I think we're at the point where we need people to start making them. You might find there'll be more attention from people who don't read this thread if you start a stand alone one. The thread I've started for my interior has a time frame of around a year, I think thats a pretty decent time frame for you, this is still a petty unsual conversion.
Are you flip fronting or are you keeping the shell standard steel?

#521 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

i must also agree that the thread is really quiet.
after doing so many conversions in succession its hard to beat that type of flame.
my brother and I are also taking some time off to focus on our business, as we only do minis part time. this is the reason why we put so much effort into our presentation as well, since we are never sure which will be our last.
there is alot of room for creativity with this swap, that's why i think its a good idea for separate threads as well, so that all of our ideas are not collectively forgotten when this huge thread rolls over. i even wished that i had started a different one when our swaps went the way of the 16 valve CG engines. i look forward to completed swaps from you guys soon, keep up the good work
:rolleyes:

#522 jimbob69

jimbob69

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Im still on with it on and off, busy building a 30sq m workshop at my mates first then work will pick up again :rolleyes:

#523 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Morning all and I can say all as there has been a flurry of posts from yesterday, great news, I did feel I was the only one out there doing this or at least starting to do this conversion.

I think I will start my own thread and hope to draw others in as I am doing this sole and need all the help I can muster.

Answering a few questions from above,

Sweeter power wise I beleive the K11 1 litre engine produced around 55 bhp standard and I can't see why mine should produce a lot more standard but with better breathing in and out I expect to get a healthy say 65 bhp. To be honest I would love 100 bhp but reading the Micra forums I get the impression this is only possible with higher lift cams and bigger injectors remapped ecu etc so for now I will stick with what I get from the better breathing approach. Its a real pity there isn't the tuning support for this engine as there is for say the A series and the Vauxhall, V tec swaps, real pity.

I have just bought a fibreglass clubman flip front and yesterday I rebuilt and repainted a clubman grille and light surrounds I managed to find. I wanted the front end to flip for better access as I am feed up with backache from leaning over the Mini. The challenge now is making the front end substantial and fitted down properly so it doesn't wobble around as you drive along, any ideas ? I have bonnet pins and have considered bolts under the sportspack arches I am having made so you can't tell it's a flip - work in progress.

Jimbo glad to hear you are still at it, the more the better to trade ideas and workarounds I believe.

Bigchief best of luck with your business venture, I hope you can still pop in now and then with helpful advice and the odd photo.

Minidude, thanks for your comments. I love all the refurbishing and rebuilding just not so hot and welding, not yet.

Evans just read your thread great stuff I must say and best of luck, I wish I could stick to a timetable, I just keep getting sidetracked. This engine conversion is another sidetrack as I had my A series Stage 3 ready to go (in bits though) and then saw this thread and sold all my stage 3 parts on ebay this week. I will think about a standalone thread and see what I can do. by the way the cam cover cam up really good with some elbow grease 1200 grade wet and dry and about an hour in the sink, later being painted with Ford Polaries Grey paint and clear coated after a great deal of masking and unmasking.

The colour scheme for the my mini is Lambo orange body, polaris grey roof, door handles and other fitting, with a blue (seats) and grey interior. I have built up the fibreglass door panels and a fibreglass dash and I am going with Infinity speakers to compliment the DVD player and screen and PS2 I am fitting. I feel a thread coming along the more I write.

Thanks all now off to work.

Andrew

#524 apjmini

apjmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

I have now started my own thread.

Andrew

#525 harespeed

harespeed

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

Hi Guys.
Still working away on my conversion. Will start my own thread soon. I don't know if its just me but I hate the way LIFE keeps stealing time that I could be spending on the Mini. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users