bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

hey you guys are on the right track.
a relates to the fuel tank, the mpi or spi tank is indeed the best option but we usually install the fuel pump from the pulsar or sunny for good measure (they are widely available here) the advantages of the internal pump besides aesthetics, it takes up less space and is way quieter than an external. i would advise the installation of two new metal lines for fuel, mines are 5/16 internal diameter. my engine is out this week for timing chain replacement, water pump andturbo downpipe, any pictures you guys need in particular, just let me know. good luck............

hey bigchief

thanks for the reply regarding fueling!

do you usually convert a carb'd tank or the spi tank to accept this new pump? is this difficult and would the micra pump be a possiblity?

I take it using this it is all you would need fueling wise, since i gather all the pressure system is housed inside the pump unit?

thanks

the mini efi tank is easier as it has the pump holder, wire jack and access hatch already done. the micra/sunny/SR20 pumps are all similiar and smaller than the mini pump. the fuel pressure regulator is housed on the fuel rail on the engine and is vacuum controlled so no probs.

#333 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

sweet, so you just recon i could manage it with just the mini tank and another pipe?

How many times do you want the same answer Ian? You know he'll say yes you could do it that way, so please stop asking again and again or better still start a new thread and then I don't waste my time on this thread reading the same questions over and over again.

I wish you luck I really do, you're just starting to get a bit tedious and people will get fed-up with you.

#334 drummerian

drummerian

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

sweet, so you just recon i could manage it with just the mini tank and another pipe?

How many times do you want the same answer Ian? You know he'll say yes you could do it that way, so please stop asking again and again or better still start a new thread and then I don't waste my time on this thread reading the same questions over and over again.

I wish you luck I really do, you're just starting to get a bit tedious and people will get fed-up with you.

sorry to have wasted your time plastic rules, the reason i am asking so many questions is that i would like to get the right bits so that when i get back for uni for easter i have the correct parts for the job.

sorry for using the forum in an attempt to learn, this will not happen again.

#335 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

I'm not saying don't ask, just try not to ask the same question again and again. That pump question was answered by a few people, but it was as though you didn't believe the people who had taken the time to answer you, and I'm sure others will feel the same way as me and think why bother trying to help you when you don't seem to take any notice.

If you want a very specific answer ask a specific question, that way you'll hopefully get the info you want in one hit, with the way the questions keep coming I am envisiging some rather banal questions coming from you, I';m sure you're not that stupid, please try and think before you ask because at the moment you do come across as being stupid.

I'm really not trying to be nasty and I really hope I don't come across that way :)

#336 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

I'm not saying don't ask, just try not to ask the same question again and again. That pump question was answered by a few people, but it was as though you didn't believe the people who had taken the time to answer you, and I'm sure others will feel the same way as me and think why bother trying to help you when you don't seem to take any notice.

If you want a very specific answer ask a specific question, that way you'll hopefully get the info you want in one hit, with the way the questions keep coming I am envisiging some rather banal questions coming from you, I';m sure you're not that stupid, please try and think before you ask because at the moment you do come across as being stupid.

I'm really not trying to be nasty and I really hope I don't come across that way :)

yeah sorry mate,

i do relise i have been asking too many questions, this is mostly due to my forced 'desktop engineer' status at the moment whilst at uni.

I shall stop asking so many, just want to make sure i get the best stuff for the job.

I wish myself luck aswell, as i know it's a big mountain to climb, but, as they say, newton didn't fail to make the light bulb 1000's of times, he found out how NOT to make one :) To be honest a bit of scepticism in my ability from others will only drive me more to get the job done.

I hope that this can stop here and not escalate any more.

Thanks for the adivce so far everyone

#337 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,503 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

i do relise i have been asking too many questions, this is mostly due to my forced 'desktop engineer' status at the moment whilst at uni.

I shall stop asking so many, just want to make sure i get the best stuff for the job.

Enthusiasm is the impression I get, which is no bad thing.

It's also good not to accept the first answer you get as gospel: use your intelligence to weigh up them all. I, for one, won't be offended: I may understand the basic principles of common rail injection but I've never lifted the bonnet on a Micra so I'll read the other answers too.

Even so, it is someone else's topic we're filling up so it could be an idea to start your own - you could always use a hyperlink or two.

#338 drummerian

drummerian

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

It's also good not to accept the first answer you get as gospel: use your intelligence to weigh up them all. I, for one, won't be offended: I may understand the basic principles of common rail injection but I've never lifted the bonnet on a Micra so I'll be read the other answers too.

Even so, it is someone else's topic we're filling up so it could be an idea to start your own - you could always use a hyperlink or two.

thanks for the support, of you ethel, and everyone else who has given answers on the forum!

i think we can all agree we are very appreciative of bigchiefs work and i for one shall stop spamming his thread with questions.

thanks.

#339 flying banana

flying banana

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

an up date.
all been stripped out and painted and cleand up ready for re fit
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
more pictures soon. thats all folks!

Edited by flying banana, 11 February 2010 - 06:30 PM.

#340 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

It's also good not to accept the first answer you get as gospel: use your intelligence to weigh up them all. I, for one, won't be offended: I may understand the basic principles of common rail injection but I've never lifted the bonnet on a Micra so I'll be read the other answers too.

thanks for the support, of you ethel, and everyone else who has given answers on the forum!

i think we can all agree we are very appreciative of bigchiefs work and i for one shall stop spamming his thread with questions.

thanks.

its not spam if we can all learn something from these responses. i for one am glad that the topic can keep rolling along while i may be a bit tied up, when drummerian actually gets his build going am sure he will be very proud to open a new thread. as for mr flying banana, your work is tops as well, like i said before its really refreshing to see a different approach to the same objective. keep up the good work you guys, i will be doing another CG10DE for a friend of mine in two weeks.

Edited by bigchief3679, 12 February 2010 - 06:13 PM.

#341 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,503 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:22 AM

I didn't think you'd mind a bit of a discussion on your topic Big Chief. The impression I get is that you posted it to encourage and help others =] .

I suggested Ian, or anyone, could start a discussion thread so the project thread would be less broken and more readable. It might be easier all round as you could reference the build on one browser tab and discuss any questions about it on another. You'd just need a short post with the hyperlink, something like - Interesting topic: some questions about gearboxes & Fuel pumps

Happy Mini Micrafying :)

#342 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

I think this is the place to ask Micra engine related questions. If you went off and asked a question in the technical section as is suggested by the heading in red above you're not going to get the very people interested in Micra conversions answering (This is the only thread I look at on TMF)

As long as no-one else minds this is the very place to ask, and I know I have been pleased that people have asked bigchief some of the questions I myself was wondering about. Although I have to say if I ever get a build underway myself I will start a new thread, but also knowing I can always ask a question here and tap into the growing wealth of shared knowledge.

Flying Banana's build is really starting to gain momentum, looking really good so far =]

Edited by Plastic rules, 13 February 2010 - 09:58 AM.

#343 flying banana

flying banana

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

thanks for the comments lads i hope to put engine in next week for the last time
then try and start finnishing all add bits, rad/battery/brake-pipes/fuel-lines/asi do it i will
post up more picks for you
andy

#344 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: Monkeyjim Mini's

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Mini's are 3/8unf Metros M10. Era bolts have unf thread on a metric shank to match the 2.

The ERA bolts are also longer .

Regarding exhausts for your conversion Ian , you cannot go far wrong with a rc40 of some type . Think I have already told you about the front pipe .....

#345 monkeyjim

monkeyjim

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: Monkeyjim Mini's

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Great pictures Flying Banana .
My bulkhead cut out is similar , noticed you are using the Micra engine mount bar that runs front to back of subframe . Sure you will agree the fact the frame is so big (like my Allspeed) is a real help in this conversion .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users