spud

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Local Club: HMC

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hi,

It is a while now since I resprayed my mini in cellulose and to be honest I was never very happy with the result because in truth I bodged it :D whether it was me or the equipment I don't know :angry: but in some areas I haven't applied enough paint and in other areas there is a very bad orange peel effect. So to put it right, and now that the weather is better >:D I am going to respray it a section at a time and just wanted to know:-

1) Should the seam mouldings be removed (and sprayed separately) so that the seam joint is a good edge to spray to?

2) The cellulose paint I used was cheaper than all of the other suppliers even though it was from a reputable paint/motor factors. It chips very easily and doesn't seem at all strong enough!! Though again, this could be because I didn't put it on thick enough in the first place.Could it be inferior to the dearer stuff?

Cheers,

Spud.

#2 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Yeah you should always take the seam strips off, to paint underneath to prevent rust. Pretty much all celly paint should be of the same quality, especially if it was from a good supplier. Make sure you get the ratio's right, and it should be fine. It may chip easily because you didn't properly abrade the surface it was applied to? could be a cause.

Pete

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users