80 replies to this topic

#46 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hey guys, got a couple more photos as promised...

I have some more i will add later on as thy are at home (currently im at work.... shh... lol)

Since the last photos iv fitted the front and rear screens, door cards, passanger seat and rear seats are in (u will see these in the next photos)

Iv fitted the locks on the boot... thats about all you can see....

the other things i have done tho are that iv got the engine all up and running propperly (starts first turn!!) the cooling system is in and working, iv got the front end all wired up, built up and fitted. All the lights work, so does the horn and hazards....
The only thing that isnt working electrical wise is the wiper motor... although its probably just a bad connection to be fair...

so here u go, let me know what you think...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks
Jim

Jim

#47 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

These are the only photos i have of the interior so far (I thought i had more, but will take some asap...)

Also in the previous pics you can see the carbon f1 door mirrors im using, what do you guys think to them?

As you can see iv got the cooper door cards and rear seat... The burgundy on them is an exact match to the carpet (pure luck!)
Also you can see the harnesses that are fitted. I have an alloy handel set on order so the door will look a lot better when they are on...

Im currently looking for a set of door pockets must be in excellent condition any colour considered as i will cover them in vinyl anyway...

Ps, the roll u can see on the roof of the earlier pics is the carpet i am using for a headlining, fixed directly to the roof of the car as the roll cage gets in the way of a standard one...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks
Jim

#48 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

i like it alot. i like the boot with those pins, looks very smart. why the rear seat if you have harnesses?

#49 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

The rear seat is only there to cover the rear seat pan up, i didnt like the totally stripped look and they will be taken out when the car goes for mot...

I also thought too much road noise could come from there.

I will probably eventually make my own custom rear seat/pan cover for their anyway as i think i could make a good job of it.

Thanks
Jim

#50 benpopham

benpopham

The Carbon Weezel

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

where are you going to put the rear number plate?

I like the idea of just sticking carpet up instead of headlining... bit of extra head room aswell :D.. might be quite noisey though

#51 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:11 AM

Yeh i had thought of the noise issue with the roof, but surely the headlining doesnt prevent much with perforations in it.... my roof already has the sound deadening strips on it so that should stop the drumming, this should hopefully stop some of the noise.

The numberplate will be mounted just to the left below the rear bumper on a specially made bracket and will have a chrome no plate light lighting it up.....

thanks
Jim

#52 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hey guys just a small update, iv got my thermostat for the electric fan fitted and all wired up and she works, iv also got the electric fan its self fitted.
so iv had the engine up to temp, and she is running sweet, the fan kicks in right and the temp gauge also works...

Posted Image

Iv got one door pocket covered in vinyl to match the dash and fitted, just got the other to do....
oh and also notice the new alloy door furniture.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is a closer pic of the wing mirrors im using too....

Posted Image

Im just in the process of getting the other seat mounted in then i can try everything up and down the driveway..... yay.

Let me know what you think...

thanks
Jim

Edited by Big_jim, 21 November 2007 - 11:54 AM.

#53 Major Burkenshaw

Major Burkenshaw

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton mini club

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

Wow, looking good ;D

I love the door mirrors, where did you get them from?

#54 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

they are from a motorbike shop mate, thought they would suite the look of the car....

Iv got a bit more done to my car this week, got the engine steady fitted with polly bushes, iv also got the drivers seat in and fitted up with the harnesses.

The intercooler is fitted inplace, i have a pretty small list of things to do now before i can get it on the rolling road and hopefully on the road around christmas time.....

i have some pics to put up but my camera isnt wanting to connect to my laptop so i will have to upload them at my parents house tomorrow....

thanks
Jim

#55 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

here are some pics of the intercooler in place,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also one of both front seats.

Posted Image

Thanks
Jim

#56 william

william

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:44 AM

Wow...what a ride!

#57 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys, long time since i updated this thred and since i did any work on the car.....

I have had a new turbo take off pipe made up with the correct angle to clear the plenum, the standard one didnt leave enough room to fit the bend in....

so i have that fitted, also sorted the wiper motor which wasnt working....
Turned out to be a bent pin in the connector...

im hoping to have this car on the road in the next month (dependant on work load....), so watch this space for updates.....

thanks
Jim

#58 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Nice car Jim, it looks kind of familiar... I used to own it about 5 years ago

#59 Big_jim

Big_jim

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys, just a little update....

I wanted this car done by now but work has been hectic.....

well iv got my rear number plate fitted....

Posted Image

also fitted the no plate light....

nice and discreet i hope you will aggree

Posted Image

also iv got the centre console fitted

Posted Image

More updates later on..

Jim

#60 liam-ds

liam-ds

Super Mini Mad

• Traders