The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:12 PM

Well UDO, I am interested in hearing any outcomes, because I am in the middle of trying to create my own ported 12G940, which means I am going to be pressing out the valve guides so that I can grind down the bosses. I will also be putting new bronze, bullet nosed guides in and reaming them out. But I also intend to use the original valves (only with 3 angle work done to the guide and seats).

It's a BIG task for me, but I really want the head to be one of my own creations! The only thing I don't have the facility to do is the 3 angle work, so I'll have to go to a machine shop for that.

#122 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

Will let you know once its all back together. THINk it may have been a combination of not brilliant adjustable ream and trying to reuse old worn valves

Just rang minispares North to order valves but no answer? Will try later

#123 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

Right got the new valves ordered but had to order them from Minispares main as North office has a big delivery £85K in so wont be sending out any deliverys for the rest of the week.

Got my discount thou so all okay

Finally got some enthusiasm back for getting it all back together

#124 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,230 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

Right got the new valves ordered but had to order them from Minispares main as North office has a big delivery £85K in so wont be sending out any deliverys for the rest of the week.

Got my discount thou so all okay

Finally got some enthusiasm back for getting it all back together

Excellent! Keep us updated :(

#125 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

Still awaiting parts but while I am thought I would put down some more details of other plans for the car.

First one is fitting Megajolt. I have already fitted the trigger wheel and the VR sensor bracket. I have been waiting to fit the bike carbs so that I can wire in the TPS off the carbs, just need to find/buy the Yamaha plug off the bike wiring loom and sort a final +ve and -ve.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Other thing I am going to do is remove the full width dash, I've never been overly happy with it but didnt think I had much choice due to the weber box, I've since had a few ideas I'm not saying to much at the minute but hopefully no one else will have done the same. Just need to check a few things out before final fitting

Lastly I'm going to be changing the wheels for some old skool 10" wheels once I find someone local to refurb them and I also have to run up some wheel centres on a lathe as I cant find any off the shelf that fit. Need to sort some brakes as well as currently on 12" wheels, probably Cooper 'S' or if the money is available some 4 pots of some sort

Final thing is here are a couple of pictures of the car as is, just as I havent posted any up before.

Posted Image
Posted Image

seats are now cobra classics but for some reason dont have recent photos?

Cheers for now

Edited by Udo, 23 March 2007 - 11:11 AM.

#126 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

New valves turned up this morning and Ream is waiting at the post office for me to pick up tomorrow morning so hopefully back together again by the end of the weekend

Just remembered I need a new heater tap so that may hold things up till mid week as havent ordered it yet!

#127 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,432 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

third time lucky,... good luck

#128 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

Yeah thanks!

Got the head back together and fitted today, just got rockers to adjust tomorrow and refill with coolant then fingers crossed!

I think I was right in that the adjustable ream wasnt up to the job and didnt ream them to the correct size as a few of the guides needed quite a bit (as in a few thou) taking out.

#129 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:27 PM

fingers crossed for you!

#130 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Didnt get it started yesterday as was a little worse for wear after mates 30th birthday session.

Going to hopefully sort tonight, need a rear wheel bearing split pin thou as took the drum off for another reason. Halfords on way home probably

#131 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Right all the car is back together but need to order a new heater tap and gasket as mine leaks.

New inlet valves bought exhaust ones also but forgot to get picture

Posted Image

Also while waiting for heater tap I made a small start on a new accelerator pedal to reduce the amount of cable that is pulled to better suit the bike carbs

Posted Image

cheers for now

#132 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

hey udo, hows this beast of urs getting on?

#133 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:11 PM

Slowly as been on holiday and was also waiting for a new heater tap to turn up but car is all back together just not turned the key yet which will do at the weekend as battery also needs a charge. Can't drive anywhere legally anyway thou as ran out of MOT and tax just before holiday so had to declare SORN and so need to book an MOT sometime soon but also give it the once over before the MOT. All should be fine.

Also got a bit further on with one of the other projects on this car - photos will follow at some point soon

Cheers

#134 Udo

Udo

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

MOT booked for Tuesday afternoon so got to get it sorted this weekend, then will be fitting the MJ unit

#135 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

Woow! :withstupid: Hurry up and get it on the road again!!
Got your pedal welded yet? Did you guess or work out how much to adjust it by? Was it enough of an adjustment?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users