#1 COX1E

COX1E

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2024 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

I have recently purchased my mini which has a manual webasto roof. It works, but is difficult to slide open/shut. I think it needs some lubricant on the rails, but I am not sure what to use. Is Lithium or Silicone spray best?

I have heard positives and negatives for both, so though I'd ask in the hope someone can point me in the right direction 

Many Thanks  :-)

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 August 2024 - 11:42 PM

The small plate attached to the front bar on my 49 year old Webasto recommend 2 or 3 drops of light mineral oil (3in1 oil) when required.

Attached Files

#3 COX1E

COX1E

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 02:03 PM

The small plate attached to the front bar on my 49 year old Webasto recommend 2 or 3 drops of light mineral oil (3in1 oil) when required.

Thanks, mine has nothing to tell me what to use to keep it moving freely. I thought Oil may get on the roof liner, so was looking at the silicone or lithium grease as it's a dry lubricant.

I'll try a little 3in1 and see how I get on.

Thanks for replying, all help is much appreciated  :-)

#4 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 02:45 PM

Thanks, mine has nothing to tell me what to use to keep it moving freely. I thought Oil may get on the roof liner, so was looking at the silicone or lithium grease as it's a dry lubricant.

I'll try a little 3in1 and see how I get on.

Thanks for replying, all help is much appreciated :-)
What year is the car? If it’s the old type like mine with the sliding hood sticks that run in the channel and have thin leather pads on the underside which soak up the very, very small amount of oil you apply. A picture of it would be helpful.

Edited by Chris1275gt, 28 August 2024 - 02:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users