#1 Gaz66

Gaz66

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 August 2024 - 12:53 AM

Ahhh, the age old discussion!
So, when Weber closed their Italian plant and transferred production to Spain the quality of the carbs plummeted (allegedly)
This was nearly 30 years ago now?
The question is has Weber now upped its game with assembly and machining etc and are they now producing carbs as good as they once were?
Or are the Spanish ones still regarded as inferior?

#2 r.tec

r.tec

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: SfG Schoenau

Posted 23 August 2024 - 08:42 AM

Well, I cannot help with the question Weber Bologna - Weber Spain. But if I had not already two Bologna 45DCOE and one 40DCOE, although I do not like to support Chinese products generally, I would look at Chinese FAJS 45DCOE. Read a report recently that the quality of the FAJS DCOEs are like the originals. Obviously Chinese craftsmanship and machinery have made a step forward.

Edited by r.tec, 23 August 2024 - 08:43 AM.

#3 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 24 August 2024 - 08:28 AM

I'm going to say yes to this, the quality of the Spanish Weber is no where near that of the Italian ones, in fact I would say the Spanish ones look Chinese, while the FAJS ones look Italian if you know what I mean. It's the same old same old, when you ask a company to make/copy something for you, you get to spec it out and at what price point. The Spanish Weber obviously works perfectly but the casting finish leaves a lot to be desired.

Shooter

#4 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 24 August 2024 - 09:13 AM

My friend got a Chinese copy DCOE Weber with his supercharger kit & before we’d even got it running it had messed up threads

And a few years before that he’d bought a Chinese copy IDF Weber and when we primed the fuel bowl it was leaking through the casting & we had to replace the whole thing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users