#1 Royal 51

Royal 51

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 10:40 AM

Hi,

My names Mike, I'm 73 .... just joined the forum. Been into Minis since 1973, had loads during that time.

I promised myself another mini when I retired at 65.....never happened, didn't retire  :D  :D.

I lived abroad for 26 years and did not own a mini during that time, now back in the UK living and I now 

have a 1969 MK2 Cooper Almond Green on the V5, but Heritage certificate says Snowberry White.

I bought it in many pieces, a lot had be renovated to a very high standard. Some interior items had been bought NOS.

Sadly the bodyshell was well shall we say more holes than metal after I had it shot blasted with crushed glass.

It came with a lot of replacement panels, more have been bought since and more still to purchase.

It is not going to be concourse but to high level modern day driver.....

At present on a rotisserie.... work has started, but a good friend is doing the welding.  Welding is not my strong point but the preparation and painting is.

Pictures to follow as work progresses.

Mike

#2 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 21 July 2024 - 03:20 PM

About 20 years ago, I met up with a friend near Bridgewater and we had a really good day out with a few chaps called the Westcountry Mini Club.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users