5 replies to this topic

#1 tommyboymini

tommyboymini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 01:42 PM

I just got my very first mini delivered today. 1998 Mini Rover Paul Smith Edition (Japan) RHD automatic. The first issue I am having is that my Sasquatch feet (size 13) are hitting both brake and gas at the same time. Is there a kit to move the brake pedal further to the left? Or is it going to be some custom weld job?

Thank you,

Tom

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,197 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 08 July 2024 - 03:20 PM

Not that I have seen.

moving will not be possible as it is connected to a whole lot of stuff engine side.

you might be able to utilize the area where th3 clutch pedal would be and join the tubes together.

#3 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 14,344 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 08 July 2024 - 06:54 PM

While Nick's suggestion was might first though, another option here might be to straighten the pedal, maybe not all the way, but enough to give you the sensible clearance you are needing. The Pedal is cranked towards the Accelerator Pedal in it's shape. If you do this, I'd suggest taking some measurements before hand as by straightening it, it will make it longer. Ideally, you don't want to loose any pedal travel before it touches the floor, which may occur if it becomes longer.

#4 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 09:06 AM

Also look at the earlier design of throttle pedals where the pad was much smaller - I found they helped loads to avoid touching the throttle when braking (I never had any issue hitting the brake pedal whilst accelerating).

#5 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 10 July 2024 - 05:44 AM

Hi,

If you have watched the TV series Wheeler Dealers filmed in Los Angeles there is an episode in which Ant alters one of the pedals of a Lancia or an Alfa Romeo (can't remember which) due to the same reason.

If you can watch that on catch up or whatever you have on your side of the pond it might help with some guidance.

Paddy

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,650 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 July 2024 - 08:28 AM

You might not be able to move it that far without hitting the steering column instead - that could also put the kybosh on a comfortable clutch side concoction. It might be an idea to remove the clevis (cotter?) pin, grab one of your  clod hoppers & do some measuring. If you don't need to gain too much clearance it might be easiest just to reshape, or reattach, the foot pad(s). Maybe adding a wee bracing web to the under side.

The bushing for the pedal axle is available separately, if you fancy a go at something along the lines of Nicklouse's suggestion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users