#31 68+86auto

68+86auto

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local Club: Queensland Mini Car Club

Posted 21 June 2024 - 09:34 PM

I riveted on some garden edging to my flares to stop getting mud lines on the side of my mini.

I also have a box I made containing a HEI module which is triggered by points. I have it so that I can switch a plug to go from points & condenser to points triggered HEI. Unfortunately due to issues the HEI is now the backup to the points & condenser.

Apologies for my ignorance but what are flares?

You must call them something different.

Attached File  20230520_120143~2.jpg   52.68K   5 downloads

I do need to make the garden edging a bit longer to work properly.

#32 SKIDDERWOLF

SKIDDERWOLF

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 05:26 AM

I riveted on some garden edging to my flares to stop getting mud lines on the side of my mini.

I also have a box I made containing a HEI module which is triggered by points. I have it so that I can switch a plug to go from points & condenser to points triggered HEI. Unfortunately due to issues the HEI is now the backup to the points & condenser.

Apologies for my ignorance but what are flares?
You must call them something different.

20230520_120143~2.jpg

I do need to make the garden edging a bit longer to work properly.

#33 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 22 June 2024 - 06:25 AM

I have a special metal template that locates on the engine mounting holes, and since 1961, when the engine was out, I have always drilled four 3/4" holes in the driver's side of the front subframe, in line with those clutch cover bolts that are less easy to get at with a spanner.

3/4" is large enough for a box spanner or a 1/4" drive socket.

#34 StefanMini

StefanMini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Local Club: M.S.C.N

Posted 03 July 2024 - 09:45 PM

20240703-214027.jpg

Today also made my cabin air filter.

#35 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 02:08 PM

I have a special metal template that locates on the engine mounting holes, and since 1961, when the engine was out, I have always drilled four 3/4" holes in the driver's side of the front subframe, in line with those clutch cover bolts that are less easy to get at with a spanner.

3/4" is large enough for a box spanner or a 1/4" drive socket.

I've done similar, although I only have 2 holes and find the others easy enough.
I also have a big 2.5"+ hole in the inner wing that then lets me get to the flywheel bolt with a long extension.

#36 Davidmt

Davidmt

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2024 - 03:58 PM

Door open and puddle lights  :mrcool:
Courtesy lights in the rear bins
Electric windows
Heated seats  :-)

Nice, any photos of the door puddle lights?

Sorry for the delay - been enjoying the Summer.  Spent today on the Mini and got the wiring sorted so here you go  :-) .

Attached File  20240906_164605.jpg   38.71K   2 downloads

Attached File  20240906_164618.jpg   41.58K   1 downloads

#37 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 07:42 AM

Apart from the whole conversion to Mk1 look I think I'm most pleased with my Mk3? switch panel

IZMhlWb.jpg

#38 john2502

john2502

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 10:26 AM

I thought it would be interesting to see what homemade mods and improvements people have done to their cars.
I’ll start with quite a simple one but I have installed a rear parcel shelf mounted brake light for improved visibility, used an old rear fog light I had and wired into the offside brake light.

What have you done?

I've got the parts for doing this to my MPI but still not got round to actually doing it (just had 3rd kid so been busy/sleep deprived). I got a Daihatsu Cuore L7 light as it looks pretty close to what i wanted (similar to i believe a rover one in looks) and just figuring out how best to mount it, on cut piece of wood to parcel shelf was my initial plan as saves it coming loose from the rear windscreen over a bump one day but still in thought process as how to best make it looking vaguely OEM.

if the MPI hadn't got them already a good mod I'd also definitely do is intermittent wipers as i've daily driven classics before that i really would have like this on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users