37 replies to this topic

#31 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 12:25 PM

Thank you. I wasn't sure if me posting loads of random links to Minis was going to annoy people. I am partial to that old Mini 68 cooper. IO have emailed the chap to see if there is a LOT of wiggle room on that price. if there is i would love to take it of him, think the roof mounted light would have to go though as it would get swiped where i need to park occasionally. 

If i was a little braver I would be tempted to get this  and then stick a nice refurbished engine in. Truth is i want something that i can use now! if i get the bug then i could always buy another!

#32 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 03:17 PM

Here we go

https://drive.google.../view?usp=gmail

Little video of the 1275GT. 

If i was to buy this its a 500 mile round trip so i think i would have to buy it site unseen and just get it trailered up. The guy has been quite honest. says that it has  golf mk1 front disks and they feel a bit soft.

listening to the video the engine sounds a bit "tappety" if that's a thing with these older engines, also a possible belt squeak? thoughts?

#33 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 April 2024 - 04:28 PM

Wheels uprated to 13", is not how I'd describe them: slower; harder on the wheel bearings and a much rattlier ride. 10" wheels ride so-o-o much better.

#34 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 09:58 AM

What do you think a fair price would be for the grey Gts? Obviously I want it as cheap as poss, buying site unseen. I want to be fair to the seller but equally I don’t want to overspend.

#35 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 01:34 PM

Go and stand in front of it and make him an offer, I find people making offers for anything I’m selling, without seeing it, I won’t go as low and they could turn up and go lower when they pick holes in it. If you love it, it’s worth travelling to see it.

#36 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:33 AM

Big news update! After 20 years of umming arrring I’ve finally picked a car and I’m going to collect it today.

its the 1968 cooper :0

you will be seeing a lot of me on the forum I’m guessing from now on.

#37 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:55 AM

Congratulations! I have a 68 cooper and still learning the ropes. Keep in touch if you need anything.

#38 steve1978

steve1978

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 12:21 PM

That’s 2 of the 30 odd that are left ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users