#1 Jayse

Jayse

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 09:29 PM

Evening all,

Its taken a long time joining the forum, but took the plunge (ahem.. ebay bid) over 2 years ago and picked a 1275GT. The plan was to keep my dad busy in semi-retirement and get my 3 year old into cars.

2nd child arrived a couple of months later, so in hindsight no idea why i pulled the trigger so soon knowing it would sit and gather dust for at least a year. Anyway, its finally coming along and we're getting our hands dirty. Moments such as my son taking the wheel nuts off have been priceless.

Attempting to research its history and seeing it in the flesh, i pretty certain its not the original car (re-shell etc), but the ideal of the journey of restoring it with my dad and son has the family captivated. 

Thats all for now.

Edited by Jayse, 04 April 2024 - 09:30 PM.

#2 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 05 April 2024 - 06:59 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the forum you will get plenty of expert advice and valuable tips here.

Enjoy your project.

One bit of advice, become a TMF+ member and then register for the 7 1/2% discount you get from Minispares. You will recoup your annual £5 joining fee pretty quickly.

#3 Jayse

Jayse

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2024 - 12:04 PM

Thank

Already PM'ed Simon; already ordered loads over the last couple of months before signing up for TMF+ last night.. you live and learn...

hoping to pop down today and get more bits today, fingers crossed he can sort it out over the counter. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users