2 replies to this topic

#1 Biggles1957

Biggles1957

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 06:42 PM

Long Description: So my first car in 1975 was a smashing 1970 Elf.  Sadly got written off when my dad was driving it.  A few years ago I bought another to rebuild.  It's a really solid shell and has been stripped ready for painting.  The body shop had it for three years but never finished it (I wasn't in a rush) and due to them losing their unit earlier this year I had to fetch it back home.  It needs the new sills putting on but the minor welding bits have been done - and very well too.  I have new heritage door skins (not really needed but the old ones are a tiny bit bubbly at the bottom).  I have spare doors too and all the chrome and fittings are good .  New seats (from a newer Mini -white leather with blue piping) ) as well as all the original upholstery which is excellent.  New disc brakes, new tyres, new almost everything to make it a brilliant car.  As well as the original engine (which ran beautifully) I have what I was told is a Cooper engine completely rebuilt (professionally) for it, and also a supercharger.  There really is loads of stuff but now that I have three toddler grandchildren I really don't know when I'll find the time to rebuild it.  So, reluctantly I'm coming to the decision that I should sell it to an enthusiast who will finish it and get it back on the road.  The engine alone cost £1600 and all the disc brake kit etc is new too, as well as all sorts of new bits and pieces.  I really can't remember everything I've bought to do it!  The car itself was £2000 and as I say is a really solid shell.  The walnut does need refinishing - the previous owner slapped some yacht varnish on and some of it went wrinkly.  Basically a complete car that needs finishing off and putting back together - but too much for me now.

I'm kind of putting out feelers here to see if there's any interest before advertising it properly. I'm in Leicestershire about ten minutes from M1 J21.  Thanks for reading!

Attached Files

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,943 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 14 December 2022 - 07:15 PM

As per the forum rules for that section you do not currently meet the criteria.

For Sale
Who Can Use This Section?

1. Anyone may view this section and reply to for sale threads.
2. If you have 150 posts or more, or you are a TMF+ Member you will also be allowed to post new topics to sell your items.

#3 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 14 December 2022 - 07:17 PM

To advertise on the forum you need to be a TMF member, (it only costs £5) or you need 150 posts. To comply with TMF rules you also need to post an asking price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users