83 replies to this topic

#76 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:02 PM

Started to get some of the bits out to reacquaint myself with them and remembered there's still a lot of drilling, filing, bending, welding and painting to do

Attached File  washers.jpg   200.04K   0 downloads

Attached File  spring mounts mocked up.jpg   150.05K   0 downloads

thanks for looking

#77 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 08 May 2024 - 04:26 AM

Welcome back looking forward to watching the next stage of the build.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

#78 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 07:52 AM

At last starting to surface after what has seemed like a long winter. One of my next tasks will be welding the front suspension mounts so I've just finished off a faux riveted steel welding screen to protect the cars in the garage when I start welding. I thought it would be a quick job but estimating is clearly not a strong point of mine. It's finished, took me longer and cost more than if I bought a screen

attachicon.gif faux riveted steel 1.jpg

attachicon.gif faux riveted steel 2.jpg

Yes, but where would the satisfaction be in a bought screen? Great job!

#79 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 07:53 AM

Great to see someone having parts cast - I'd love to do this for something but have never quite go around to it. 

#80 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 08:07 PM

At last starting to surface after what has seemed like a long winter. One of my next tasks will be welding the front suspension mounts so I've just finished off a faux riveted steel welding screen to protect the cars in the garage when I start welding. I thought it would be a quick job but estimating is clearly not a strong point of mine. It's finished, took me longer and cost more than if I bought a screen

attachicon.gif faux riveted steel 1.jpg

attachicon.gif faux riveted steel 2.jpg

Yes, but where would the satisfaction be in a bought screen? Great job!

HI johnR, thank you, as they say it's the journey not just the destination. Which is so true for classic cars, as you don't always get to the destination  :proud:

#81 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 08:11 PM

Welcome back looking forward to watching the next stage of the build.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thank you

#82 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 May 2024 - 08:16 PM

Great to see someone having parts cast - I'd love to do this for something but have never quite go around to it. 

Thanks johnR, they were expensive so I'm delaying taking the next steps of machining them for fear of messing them up, but I'll get to it eventually

#83 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 07:55 PM

I managed to get some time in the garage this weekend and have now welded (v badly) the spring hangers, they don't look too bad with some gratuitous flap disc work :-)

Attached File  spring hangers.jpg   137.44K   0 downloads

#84 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 17 June 2024 - 05:51 PM

This morning about 11.30 I was waiting to turn right at the traffic lights, at the junction of the A245 and the Seven Hills Road, to turn into the Seven Hills Road.

A black car(Golf I think) towing a trailer with a couple of Cycle Cars on came down the A245 heading for the Painshill Roundabout.

From the quick look I got they seemed to be identical machines a white oblong box body, four bike wheels. All four wheels on each machine looked to be the same size.

Paddy

Edited by Designer, 17 June 2024 - 05:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users