2 replies to this topic

#1 bloomers

bloomers

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

i am wondering if i can have 10's on my mini, i have the front discs, can i space the wheel out like 1 inch?

Ian

#2 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:45 PM

not advisable really, you can get a set of 10" alloys that fit "over" standard brakes but they actually have a massive offset on them to sit outside the calipers! Problems you'd get with this are: increased bumb steer, heavier steering, more tramlining, increased wear on ball joints, bearings and increased stress on your hubs - not really a good thing!
you can buy aftermaket conversion kits for about £350ish that will allow you to convert to front dics that will fit under 10's! Do a quick search as there are loads of topics on here discussing the various options!

#3 bloomers

bloomers

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:31 PM

not advisable really, you can get a set of 10" alloys that fit "over" standard brakes but they actually have a massive offset on them to sit outside the calipers! Problems you'd get with this are: increased bumb steer, heavier steering, more tramlining, increased wear on ball joints, bearings and increased stress on your hubs - not really a good thing!
you can buy aftermaket conversion kits for about £350ish that will allow you to convert to front dics that will fit under 10's! Do a quick search as there are loads of topics on here discussing the various options!

nice one thanks mate :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users