18 replies to this topic

#16 Vanman20

Vanman20

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2024 - 08:07 PM

As Steve points out above, I certainly wouldn't use the Jubilee clips referenced in the OP, properly sized fuel hose clips are essential IMO https://www.merlinmo...-5-16mm-sfhc-15 don't assume that this clip in my link is the correct size for you, but they are the correct style of clip.

I have those style clamps and in the correct size.Even tightened up the hose can still be turned
Then you have the wrong size of hose. The correct one should be difficult to turn without a clamp.
I take it you didn't read my earlier post,the hoses WERE tight when installed,they aren't tight now and won't go any tighter, I have now bought some 5.5mm ID hose which should hopefully fix the issue permanently
That's probably down to the nice ethanol carp they add that has softened the rubber hose .. which may not be ethanol resistant ...
I dunno, I've only ever used super unleaded E5

#17 68+86auto

68+86auto

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Local Club: Queensland Mini Car Club

Posted 27 July 2024 - 07:05 AM

As Steve points out above, I certainly wouldn't use the Jubilee clips referenced in the OP, properly sized fuel hose clips are essential IMO https://www.merlinmo...-5-16mm-sfhc-15 don't assume that this clip in my link is the correct size for you, but they are the correct style of clip.

I have those style clamps and in the correct size.Even tightened up the hose can still be turned
Then you have the wrong size of hose. The correct one should be difficult to turn without a clamp.
I take it you didn't read my earlier post,the hoses WERE tight when installed,they aren't tight now and won't go any tighter, I have now bought some 5.5mm ID hose which should hopefully fix the issue permanently
That's probably down to the nice ethanol carp they add that has softened the rubber hose .. which may not be ethanol resistant ...
I dunno, I've only ever used super unleaded E5

That's 5% ethanol right? I've seen 10% ethanol expand/soften hoses overnight. You need ethanol rated hoses, significantly more expensive than the standard stuff.

#18 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 July 2024 - 07:13 AM

That’s correct. There’s still a lot of fuel hose around that isn’t suitable for ethanol, 5% 10%, it doesn’t matter, it’ll still fail. Buyers need to make sure that what they’re buying is suitable for their particular use. I looked on the Minimime site and their fuel hose doesn’t say that it’s suitable for ethanol, so assume that it’s not.

#19 Vanman20

Vanman20

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 July 2024 - 09:30 AM

That’s correct. There’s still a lot of fuel hose around that isn’t suitable for ethanol, 5% 10%, it doesn’t matter, it’ll still fail. Buyers need to make sure that what they’re buying is suitable for their particular use. I looked on the Minimime site and their fuel hose doesn’t say that it’s suitable for ethanol, so assume that it’s not.

You could well be right, that's where my hose came from.The hose I've just bought is Cohline 2192 which is E10 rated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users