22 replies to this topic

#16 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

If you don't mind holes in the headrest (i don't like the look of them), my Honda Integra seats are VERY comfortable, and you can probably find them for like 20 quid a pair...

#17 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

When did you get a mini Lewis????  how come I aint seen it yet????  pics please!!!

i dont yet :D . And the latest new on this is a possible mini cooper 96 on or i have to wait until one in the paper pops up, haha next month il hopefully have one.

about £10 all in from minispares?

need some comfy seats now, these cobra clubmans arent doing anything for me..

sounds good

#18 neil_g

neil_g

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

dan - tell me about it.. no support, im slopping around all over the show in them, the sides are going, the lap-belt holes are wobbling around..

theyre going.. :D

#19 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

What cobra seats are you guys talking about? I fancy a pair of cobra monacos but if they are as badly made as you say i wont.
My whole family is really small and at 18 im still only 5'6" so im not expecting to grow anymore. Thats why the pickup is good for me, i fit easy.

#20 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:17 PM

Oh, my Cobras are sound as a hound. Good all round.

Neil, if you want to sell the suckers, I'll have them if they're in reasonable condition.

#21 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Neil said his were Clubmans and mine are Classics.

How long have you had them Tom? I found they were good for about a year as a daily driver. Now though even the passenger seat has collapsed, which hardly sees any use.

Pickup76, if Tom likes his seats and I assume some other people do then maybe it's just me that has had a bad time with them. All I know is that mine are rubbish. And expensive rubbish at that. As far as I'm concerned there's no excuse for them not being able to produce a subframe that fits their own seat without the use of a damn big file. Or a seat that lasts as long as or longer then OE. Other makers can.

#22 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:59 PM

I bought mine, Oringinal Clubmans, second-hand, about a year ago. Fair enough, the fabric has faded a bit, but that's becuase it's been un-garaged in sunny-Cornwall.

I'm thinking about gettiong some Classics as soon as I get some dola.

#23 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

O you're talking about the low backs and clubmans. They are really uncomfortable anyway, the seat cusion is way to big on those so you sit really high, its just wierd.

Ill just go with the monacos as you sit way lower and they are safer anyway.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users