Photo
- - - - -

Twin Rally Dash Stopwatches For £100 - Any Interest?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,091 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

With rally timers you need to be able to start them individually and easily, especially on historic regularity sections.

#17 Dale_

Dale_

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

To be fair, those are a fairly poor example of what I would be selling - the backplate on those is rather amateur-ish, mine would be far better made. And of course the watches would be new, mint condition. The rear of the plate would be velvet covered to prevent dash damage. Here is an example of some Heuer watch sets Ive made in the past (sold for £650) to showcase the work:

15652071186_c491e36326_o.jpgP1010556 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

15675808715_156f4923d2_o.jpgP1010521 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

taking the piss one thinks....I'd rather pay £100 then £650+
he is just trying to fill the gap as most people can not afford such extortionate prices......give him a chance before you blow him off .............

Agreed!

They are nice but the ones that are beig made here are perfectly fine for 100 quid and to be honest me for one if I wanted to get proper track timers I would get digital ones.

But if I wa making my mini look old school I would fit these 100 pound set...

And the guy is only making a tenner on each one!

#18 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

To be fair, those are a fairly poor example of what I would be selling - the backplate on those is rather amateur-ish, mine would be far better made. And of course the watches would be new, mint condition. The rear of the plate would be velvet covered to prevent dash damage. Here is an example of some Heuer watch sets Ive made in the past (sold for £650) to showcase the work:

he is just trying to fill the gap as most people can not afford such extortionate prices......give him a chance before you blow him off .............

Agreed!

They are nice but the ones that are beig made here are perfectly fine for 100 quid and to be honest me for one if I wanted to get proper track timers I would get digital ones.

Lol, read the post again. The OP said he found the example on eBay, the Tag ones are an example of his work too (note he is the poster). His work would be at that standard for the same price as the ones on eBay. 

I would be very interested in a 3-clock layout, what would you imagine that would cost?

#19 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Agreed!

Lol, read the post again. The OP said he found the example on eBay, the Tag ones are an example of the OPs work  (note he is the poster). His work would be at that standard for the same price as the ones on eBay. 

I would be very interested in a 3-clock layout, what would you imagine that would cost?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users