76 replies to this topic

#61 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

thanks its starting to get how i want it now their bbs repros but at the end of the day i dont have 1500 to spend on some genuine rms i wont curb them not sure who owned them before but every wheel is so badly curbed so i have redressed the face :)

#62 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Looks awesome

#63 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

thanks mate well been cracking on with the wheels and set about refurbishing the centres today as they were all laquar peely and beaten up.I filed the marks out and repolished them also got some vw centres but not sure if i like them but at 2.50 they didnt break the bank. completley done two and the thirds nearly done also the fourths being repaired so the wheels should be on late next week with some 195 45 16 hankooks so will have a bit of stretch.On another note car failed its mot on emmision but that was it and it only just failed so gonna put a new cat on.

before and after

lenso1.jpg

lenso2.jpg

lenso3.jpg

#64 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Haven't looked at this in ages, looking sooo much better :D Will have to see it in the flesh some time.

#65 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

yeh man when its got its mot will pop round as the mini needs a new manifold hows the mx5 you still got it ?

#66 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

yeh man when its got its mot will pop round as the mini needs a new manifold hows the mx5 you still got it ?

Okay :-) Yeah still got the mx5, done the trip to the ring week before last and gave it a damn good thrashing. Was perfect though, going to give it a clean and put it up for sale now.

Edited by MiniJosh92, 18 August 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#67 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

well update got the new wheels on and im really happy its transformed the drive its so much smoother and handles better heres the pictures what do you think
newwheelson2.jpg
newwheelson3.jpg

#68 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,944 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Looking good Ross, the wheels really suit the car.

They were on my order spec when i was trying buy one in Germany in 92. Those and a full recaro interior. Bloody German quota's poo poo'd that idea. Tried to buy a G60 , a 16V all to no avail although i was offered a VR6 for 40'000 DM's. Too much money then.

#69 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

haha yeh they flopped cause the price really but their good cars and this one owes me 850 as it sits with the wheels so plenty of car for the money but couldnt justify the price when new

#70 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

right long overdue update went to scotland with the car a couple of weeks ago drove 1500 miles car was brilliant it made so much sense on all the Scottish roads brilliant fun and i got 42mpg on the motorway. No major problems other than it died in traffic before the dartford bridge turned out to be a dodgy fuel pump but it lasted the holiday.Also fitted a new master cylinder and replaced both fuel pumps and ive been looking into a 1.8t conversion im fairly certain on this when insurance will allow.
and the bit that matters heres the pictures excuse my friends lupo who travelled with us
on the way
1528.jpg
1542.jpg
1558.jpg
1557.jpg
1566.jpg
and a nice one of the lupo
1564.jpg
and finally one of my car at prept last month
1529.jpg
it was brilliant traveling together we got lots of attention from the cars a variety of thumbs up i even got a lad in a lowered 306 hanging out the window taking a picture, two guys in petrol stations complimenting me on it and a guy asking about it who said he had a g60 from brand new and 20 years later never found anything that matched up to it hope you like the pics thanks Ross

#71 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

That thing looks so so prime. Wheels are epic!

Proper job!:D

#72 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Looking good. Cool pics and great job on the wheels. I've got some but mine are 15" that I need to refurb soon. Hopefully will turn out as nice as yours!

Edited by megamini_jb, 19 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#73 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

cheers lads still missing not having the mini on the road doesnt have that go kart feeling althought it does go much faster

#74 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

this will soon be for sale so i can buy a more original example so watch this space guys

#75 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

now for sale on ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e84196856

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users