#31 cityspeed

cityspeed

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I was prepping mine for it MOT last week,
Starting going over the MOT checks, and soon realized I had made a silly mistake, (I had welded up my side repeaters as I was sure I had wrap around indicators as I could see i had the correct Lens'es)
Then soon found I did not have any bulbs or holders in the side of the light, there was a small hole where the imports have theirs So a coffee and dig down the bin to find the old bulbs + holders
After the correct sealant was sourced my Housemate cut out the excess material and glued them in place/ using the original wires which reached fortunately
Posted Image

#32 cityspeed

cityspeed

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image

#33 cityspeed

cityspeed

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

So last Monday it went in for its MOT,
I wasn't able to fit the CV boot and ball joints in time, So arranged to get that fitted by the garage + i also got the brakes bled,
It failed on the 2 points mentioned above + the windscreen wipers (which I forgot to check on a very sunny afternoon DOH!)
Apart from that I was happy, my welding turned out ok for my first attempt and I didn't warp the rear quarters which I was very nervous about,

Got the Car back last Friday And it feels good to be back on the road again, the handling is much better with its new wheels/ tyres/ suspension + ball joints
Will upload some photo's tonight if we get a good sunset! :proud:

#34 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

i had one of these and it was a great car shame when a customer had it it got smashed up by a rangerover driver in the snow, and it went like the clappers too :)

#35 cityspeed

cityspeed

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Sorry to hear that dude! that's a real shame, I'm getting people coming up to me and asking what it is! :shifty: I was insulted when someone said nice golf!

#36 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yep definitely will have to make some modifications. Will have to chop the front and the small dip infront of the rear seats so as to fit the prop in. Measured up a pinto 2ltr and it will fit without cutting the bulkhead but will sit right over the front axle instead of behind it. Not sure if this is going to be a bit bad for weight distribution. If so will cut some bulkhead out to push it back. Originally i wanted a flat 4 but there isn't many around (except vw's and subarus) it would be ideal size as they're nice and wide instead of long and keeps the weight down low. We'll see what happens! Using the tyre well to put a new fuel tank in then relocating fuel cap to behind rear plate. Will feed straight into tank and then i'll wire the switch to flick the plate down. Will post some photos now, its nearly all stripped down, just need to get engine out next. It is a 1300 if you are interested. Its done 96,000 if i remember right, but at some point before i bought it had a major oil leak. Most of the engine is literally coated in old, not 100% sure if its not leaking a little bit. On the plus side it'll will probably be nice and preserved underneath! and if you're stripping it down to use bits then you can sort any problems. No rattles or knocks and went really well for an old engine. They're quite good for an 86, chain driven, ali head i think as well. by the way, the slot mags were scimitars, the celica ones were the smaller ones lay on the floor. Definitely will use some type of slot mag when its finished, they look lush!

#37 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Only just seen this 3rd page... i'm doing the same with my side repeaters, was going to wire mine into side light so nice to see it works. 

#38 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

IMAG0660.jpg

#39 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

IMAG0656-1.jpg

#40 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

IMAG0659.jpg

#41 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Rust behind front wing has rusted right through so will have to fabricate something new there, apart from rear arches alot of the rest looks solid. Have to admit i do love my 323, i used to get people looking really confused when they saw it. One lad at college thought it was a datsun. he also though i was going for the rat look, nope just real rust. How long you had your 323 then? 

#42 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

IMAG0664.jpg

#43 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Got a turbo grill that i'm sanding and smoothing ready to prime, think this is my favourite bit of the car! Super retro. 

#44 cityspeed

cityspeed

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

o wow, you have been busy, that turbo grill is sick I need one of those! 

In reply about the engine, sounds good if you PM me when its out I will be in touch, 

Iv'e only had my car since the start of the year but its growing on me I think its a keeper! 

I will have to get some photo's of mine its looking so good now they wheels are on and the suspension has settled more, it could be another inch lower at the back but I'm not running rear seats or interior/ spare wheel currently as the interior is getting messed about with for my sound system

#45 Reetek

Reetek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

ok i will let you know when its out, whats up with your engine? have you taken out all the rear plastic that covers the back arches? there is a suprising amount of room behind there for some hidden speakers or subs. now i have the carpet out will make it much nicer for rewiring the back sound system, i did have it all threaded under the door trims. if you want a grill have a look on ebay. i found mine there, but took me ages of saved searches popping up. think i managed to get this one for a few quid in the end. you not having any back seats at all when its finished?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users