blueturbomini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yup they are 8's.

I do love the outrageousness of Blueturbomini's setup! I think his passengers might get a bit nervous when his hand ventures towards the stereo though!

i'm sure i don't know what you mean lol

#32 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Local Club: A5 & Mini Mainiacs

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thanks orange-phantom, that's cleared things up for me :) I've seen amp wiring kits on the likes of eBay for a reasonable price - would these include everything I need ? if not would 6/8 awg cable with a 50amp fuse be suitable ?

With regards to the air flow, I'm getting this sub mainly as a way of showing off to mates etc so most of the time I use it loud, it will be with the boot open. So although it is a compromise For use when driving, it is fine for what I want to use it for :P and regarding the smaller subs, once again it is for bragging rights so size counts ;)

Many thanks once again

Rhys

#33 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks orange-phantom, that's cleared things up for me :) I've seen amp wiring kits on the likes of eBay for a reasonable price - would these include everything I need ? if not would 6/8 awg cable with a 50amp fuse be suitable ?

With regards to the air flow, I'm getting this sub mainly as a way of showing off to mates etc so most of the time I use it loud, it will be with the boot open. So although it is a compromise For use when driving, it is fine for what I want to use it for :P and regarding the smaller subs, once again it is for bragging rights so size counts ;)

Many thanks once again

Rhys

Oh the young ;)

#34 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ruckus - stereotypical lad me :P lol

If I got this kit

http://item.mobilewe...nid=71182787123

What would I use to wire the speakers to the amp ? Some more 8 awg ? sorry if this is dumb question, just don't want to get it wrong :L

Rhys

#35 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

That sounds fine bud. :-) Enjoy. Just remember the ear plugs! ;-)

#36 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Many thanks once again

Rhys

Oh the young ;)

Least he's honest about it!

#37 freshairmini

freshairmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area Mini Owners

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

If I got this kit

http://item.mobilewe...nid=71182787123

What would I use to wire the speakers to the amp ? Some more 8 awg ? sorry if this is dumb question, just don't want to get it wrong :L

Rhys

8AWG would be a bit hefty for speakers. I think I'm using on mine something like 14-16awg.

#38 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I like you :D

#39 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Orangephantom - alright then, thanks mate. I'm going to go ahead and buy everything some point this week :) and I won't ;)

Freshairmini - some of the other kits I've seen (£20 ish) come with speaker wire included that is rated at around 14 awg so these are fine for my setup then ?

Miniluke - thanks

Ruckus - thank you muchly pal :)

Cheers again for all your advice people, it's helped me no end :) I'll be sure to post my new editions up on my old build thread for you to look over and tell me when I've done something wrong of course ;)

Rhys

#40 freshairmini

freshairmini

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area Mini Owners

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Freshairmini - some of the other kits I've seen (£20 ish) come with speaker wire included that is rated at around 14 awg so these are fine for my setup then ?

Cheers again for all your advice people, it's helped me no end :) I'll be sure to post my new editions up on my old build thread for you to look over and tell me when I've done something wrong of course ;)

Rhys

yup

#41 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Alright then - cheers mate :)

Rhys

#42 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi again all, change of plan - I'm taking the mini for it's first mot in a couple of weeks and a rolling road tune too so I'm not going to buy the sub/amp today, I'm going to leave it until after the mot incase I have to spend some penny's so this is going to be put off for a month ish, it will happen though dont worry but you'll just have to wait :L

Thanks for all the help again people

Rhys

#43 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Right then bit later then planned but I've finally been paid so the sub install is back in action but I've hit a problem, I've found the jbl gto1214 sub now and it looks better than the gt5-12 - 1400w compared to 1100w max and 350wrms against 275wrms - they are similar in price but I've found a gt5 brand new for sale just over the road at half price so my question is should I stick with the gt5 or try the gto12 and would I notice any difference that's worth spending an extra £40 on ?

Apart from that I'm still going to go with the ground zero iridium 1080w 2 channel amp (can't remember the proper code atm) and a ground zero 8 awg wiring kit in a custom ported box over the o/s wheel arch with maybe an up rated alternator and battery (pug diesel) if the standard stuff can't cut it lol

Many thanks again and this should be my last question to you all haha

Rhys

#44 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

well i bit the bullet and bought a gt5 for £25 new :D balls rolling now lol

rhys

#45 Skortchio

Skortchio

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local Club: EMC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

That's a cracking sub, fella. You'll be more than set up okay. ;-) Now get cracking and install it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users