Carlsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

So.....an and update on my car...

I went to the garage because a Rob was rebuilding his engine, and said it would be interesting (which is was), and I asked him to have a look and listen to my car, as it wasn't sounding right, I through it was a simple problem and could be fixed rather easily.... oooh was I wrong.... it trued out to be a head gasket problem.... so I had that pretty much refurbished, with took 3 days when they said it would only take a day and a half...then after that, Rob subjected to do a service on it, which was need anyway, that created more problems than it fixed, I managed to cross tread the sump plug bolt and so, the oil was leaking/dripping out. My car had now been in the garage for a week with bugger all being done to it....

Ah right. I thought it was only the sump plug that had gone...

Your car is all good and running now isn't it? ready for L2B? :)

No, for some reason, the gearbox casing is made of alloy, and the sump plug (the easily replaceable part) is made of steel. so the sump plug strips the threads in the gearbox casing. >_< a-series fail.

it wasn't on friday, but I don't know what happened saturday obviously :ohno:

ah right. That makes sense cause at first I was like that no problem at all as just buy new sump plug lol  You can buy a helicoil kit but not sure how that works.

Adam text me on Saturday to say hes fixed it by putting a tapered plug in the sump and using sealant.. lol As long as it holds, thats the main thing !

#47 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Adam text me on Saturday to say hes fixed it by putting a tapered plug in the sump and using sealant.. lol As long as it holds, thats the main thing !

Yes, that is correct, my mini is all fixed XD (temporally at least XD).

#48 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just to inform you all on what has happened to my mini over the past month or so.

Firstly it has had the whole front end of the car painted and de-rusted, firstly it was sanded down then primed ready for the colour match to be painted on, which took quite a few visits to Halfords and Roy's Auto, after all that I had managed to get a colour match, which looks pretty awesome, and it still needs another layer or may be two.

Attached File  IMAG0049.jpg   53.33K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0050.jpg   38.99K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0048.jpg   45.58K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0054.jpg   36.51K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0055.jpg   33.65K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0053.jpg   48.97K   5 downloads

I have also got around  to painting my Revos a nice gloss black, and at the same time I decide to paint the grill and surrounds the same colour, which looks really nice and goes well with the car XD.

Attached File  IMAG0041.jpg   45.99K   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0043.jpg   54.37K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0051.jpg   57.64K   1 downloads

This was all fitted and ready for London 2 Brighton. XD

Attached File  IMAG0056.jpg   57.36K   4 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0057.jpg   57.73K   6 downloads

At L2B, I managed to get hold of some stuff that I needed.

Main thing was a new radio antenna, as mine had fell through.

Attached File  IMAG0053.jpg   26.87K   1 downloads Attached File  IMAG0055.jpg   21.75K   1 downloads

The other thing that I got was a Rocker cover, that I had shot blasted then an anti-rust paint and then an heat resistant black (done by my dad at his work) and then I finished it off with... gloss black XD

Attached File  IMAG0056.jpg   50.73K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0057.jpg   53.69K   1 downloads

Finally, I added another window sticker, to show my support for help for hero's. 

Attached File  IMAG0052.jpg   44.16K   2 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0054.jpg   47.06K   0 downloads

Now no to the mechanical things that need doing for the MOT...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users