47 replies to this topic

#16 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thankyou, hahaha, thats probz y its in good nick :lol: :lol: i sure dont drive it like a grannny :D :D

A small up date,

Have ordered a set of hilos, so these will be fitted on friday, if not the weekend :D.

don't forget that if you want to do the hilos, you'll need much more than just the hilos, you'll need many AF sockets, cone compressor etc etc... unless you are planning on going to maks? in which case, make sure you ask him first to make sure there will be space and time to do so... and you will get very dirty and annoyed with almost all of it... ;D

#17 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Looks nice mate. I love the seats :D

#18 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

don't forget that if you want to do the hilos, you'll need much more than just the hilos, you'll need many AF sockets, cone compressor etc etc... unless you are planning on going to maks? in which case, make sure you ask him first to make sure there will be space and time to do so... and you will get very dirty and annoyed with almost all of it... ;D

I have got a socket set... :shifty: :shifty: lol. oh yh, we didnt order them in the end did we, dam it, forgot about them. oh well, next order i make i will make sure to include them so i can do it. they wont be fit friday or the weekend lol. and who said saying about this weekend :lol: :lol:.

Well you may have, i may not.... ;D ;D

Looks nice mate. I love the seats :D

Thankyou, they are really comfortable :proud: :proud:

Edited by BrAd2012, 05 December 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#19 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I have got a socket set... :shifty: :shifty: lol. oh yh, we didnt order them in the end did we, dam it, forgot about them. oh well, next order i make i will make sure to include them so i can do it. they wont be fit friday or the weekend lol. and who said saying about this weekend :lol: :lol:.

Well you may have, i may not.... ;D ;D

yeah, a METRIC socket... the vast majority of the Mini is in AF... they do need to be fitted relatively to prevent any cracking on the inner wing from running on the bumpstops...

We shall see, but it is more than likely... :shifty:

Edited by rob963, 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#20 JimminyBob

JimminyBob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Much prefer this to your last car. I can't put my finger on why but it looked a bit too blingy. This is much more classy looking. I like what you've done with the interior too.

#21 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

but it fits, so not ues them XD

Its not, i dont really get annoyed at things like that easy lol

Much prefer this to your last car. I can't put my finger on why but it looked a bit too blingy. This is much more classy looking. I like what you've done with the interior too.

Thankyou, i like this one two lol!!

Edited by BrAd2012, 05 December 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#22 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Small update: I have wired in an amplifier which is running 2 sets of 6 by 9s (a set on the parcel shelf and a set under the rear seats) I am a little worried as the amp is always on, so I think it may slowly drain my battery, will have wait and see, I have also removed the upper dash rail cover (easier than told), as I am planning to put a centre clock in, I will do that as soon as I can get the dam speedo cable off :goaway: :goaway:, I tried today, it wouldnt budge, will have another go tomorrow, if I still cant budge it, it will have to wait till the summer. >_<

#23 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Another small update, i have finally got round 2 replacing the old, broken hand break, now i can actually use it. and i have also sorted out the wiring for the amp :) here are the things that I have upgraded...
Old: Attached File  IMG293.jpg   46.23K   0 downloads New: Attached File  IMG295.jpg   50.39K   3 downloads
Old: Attached File  IMG296.jpg   47.63K   5 downloads New: Attached File  IMG297.jpg   45.25K   4 downloads
I also have a new wheel, photo will go up later :D :D

Edited by BrAd2012, 19 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#24 Carlsmini

Carlsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Another small update, i have finally got round 2 replacing the old, broken hand break, now i can actually use it. and i have also sorted out the wireing for the amp :)

lol glad you got your handbrake sorted :) have you been able to sort out your right indicator and lights at the back?

#25 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Another small update, i have finally got round 2 replacing the old, broken hand break, now i can actually use it. and i have also sorted out the wireing for the amp :)

lol glad you got your handbrake sorted :) have you been able to sort out your right indicator and lights at the back?

Well, it was working for like, 3 hours, then something else when bang when I apply it PMSL!! so I will have a look at what it is when the snow goes. a
Yh, I have sorted them (for the time being) rob things its loss fittings, which I agree with as the bulbs practically full out :lol: :lol:

Edited by BrAd2012, 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#26 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well, it was working for like, 3 hours, then something else when bang when I apply it PMSL!! so I will have a look at what it is when the snow goes. and yh, I have sorted them (for the time being) rob things its loss fittings, which I agree with as the bulbs practically full out :lol: :lol:

Ouch! any idea what it could be? could it be the rear section? Also, I have a fair few light units which I can part with... :proud:

#27 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Well, it was working for like, 3 hours, then something else when bang when I apply it PMSL!! so I will have a look at what it is when the snow goes. and yh, I have sorted them (for the time being) rob things its loss fittings, which I agree with as the bulbs practically full out :lol: :lol:

Ouch! any idea what it could be? could it be the rear section? Also, I have a fair few light units which I can part with... :proud:

No, I haven't really looked a it to be honest. it may be, if it is I am glad that I bought the section :lol: :lol:.

I would be more than happy to take them off you, but remember this isn't the selling section :lol: :lol:.

Edited by BrAd2012, 19 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#28 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

No, I haven't really looked a it to be honest. it may be, if it is I am glad that I bought the section :lol: :lol:.

I would be more than happy to take them off you, but remember this isn't the selling section :lol: :lol:.

Well get out and check then!

if it is, feel lucky :proud:

haha I know it isn't, it will be easy enough to arrange and they are nice and easy to bolt in :proud:
but on a serious note, you do need the bulbs to stay in all the time... >_<

#29 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well get out and check then!

if it is, feel lucky :proud:

haha I know it isn't, it will be easy enough to arrange and they are nice and easy to bolt in :proud:
but on a serious note, you do need the bulbs to stay in all the time... >_<

What in the snow!! >_< >_< lol.

Well I did buy it for that reason, but yh I will feel a little lucky :lol:.

I was only joking, and it would save me having to stuff the holes with paper or card lol. It may sort the leak out as well :lol: :lol:.
yh I know, but its only if I got over loads of bumps, as normally its fine XD

#30 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

What in the snow!! >_< >_< lol.

Well I did buy it for that reason, but yh I will feel a little lucky :lol:.

I was only joking, and it would save me having to stuff the holes with paper or card lol. It may sort the leak out as well :lol: :lol:.
yh I know, but its only if I got over loads of bumps, as normally its fine XD

Yes in the snow! Man UP! ;D

Exactly, better safe than sorry :shifty:

if you are having to stuff cardboard in there then there is certainly something seriously wrong with the holders. , I.E worn holders and such... they have to be replaced... just saying. they aren't safe like that.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users