18 replies to this topic

#16 stormduck

stormduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

the drive type of the cam relates to the fitment within the oil pump. You either buy a new oil pump and specify the drive type to match the cam you buy, or open up the engine to find out which one is in there at the moment.

sproket - yes you're right i remember now, i did see the 731 on kent's website, but then decided against it as the power starts at 2000rpm, instead of the 276's 1500rpm.

I think he meant that because the injection engine does have lower emissions, that putting on a carb will increase emission levels thus causing it to fail the MOT while posing as an injection model. This is how i read it but have no idea how this works.

jammy - you've lost me!?

#17 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

Ive got myself the the SW5 duplex kit for my SPI from swiftune, comes with the 276 cam, followers, vernier duplex timer and oil pump. All for about £150. I already have 1.5 rolloer rockers fitted with double valve springs, gettin the cam gubbings fitted in a couple of weeks.

Ive heard nothing but praise for swiftune, and im hoping to add to that praise pretty soon.

#18 stormduck

stormduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:56 AM

just to let you know that the SW5 cam has it's own profile, it's not the same as a Kent 276. It may be similar, i have no idea of the exact measurements. But it is excellent value for money and comes as a complete matching lot.

#19 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

i know this is an old thread, but these are easy to get, even minisport sell the 731 cam, it ws a BL special tuning dept cam. rather pokey too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users