#1 malcolm1985

malcolm1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: Malta Mini owners club

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi, i just bought a set of second hand disk breaks complete with calipers and shafts. I want to make from drum to disk conversion. Now these, has to be reconditioned, bearings, ball joints etc. These used to be on other mini, but hubs are still of metro. I can recognize from the type of ball joints.

Now, the problem is here... some say that metro hubs on a mini make`s alot of difference in road holding since they have different geometry!! but is it a big difference or not? i took some pics which will show some difference in distance between ball-joints from drum type to disk, which will result more distance between lower and upper arm, and also the angle of the lower ball joint. Camber angle will be affected to more Positive? which mini is already positive or to Negative?

I know about the problem of bump steer, but i think this will apply when one install a 13" wheels with deep dish which result more leverage for swivel hub. Also i found that the metro ball joint match with the mini wishbones.

So my question is!! Am I doing a mistake if i install all this on a metro hub?

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users