#46 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Oh no.... Taz (my mini) has 2 spend a second day at the garage.... thinks are looking down at the moment... hopefuly day 3 at the garage will mean it can be fixed. hopefully in time for MITP, cutting it a little cloes through...... photos on whats happening will be up shortly

#47 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Bloody hell that was a saga and a half fixing that! The head gasket hadn't gone, but when it overheated (due to not having oil or water as the water pump was leaking and the oil escaped elsewhere) it must have warped the head as the plugs were covered in them. So everything had to come off. Then it was the wrong head gasket so it was still chucking water into the compression chambers, and now we have spent today putting the right one on. Then a bolt sheered when we were trying to tighten it (the hose on the starter side of the. Head) so we have spent most of today sorting that, it'ls still sort of a bodge, but it works :-) and now it is all up and running again and started immediately :D hopefully that should sort it again until the next thing goes wrong :P

#48 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

At least it is fixed now, and just in time for MITP 2, which is good :-) :-)

hopefully that "next thing goes wrong" wont be on the way or even comming back from Santa Pod Raceway :-) :-) hopefully :-) :-)

But, as that has been done, on to the next job:-):-)...The floor pannels :ohno: :ohno:

Edited by BrAd2012, 25 August 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#49 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Just A small update on what has happened since M.I.T.P (which i must say was AMAZING)

I have added a chrome fuel cap (bought at M.I.T.P)

Attached File  IMG166.jpg   33.05K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG167.jpg   31.68K   3 downloads

I have also added an AA membership badge onto the front grill (also bought at M.I.T.P)
Attached File  IMG165.jpg   61.54K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG168.jpg   65.27K   5 downloads

I have also fitted rear leather black seats, i don't have photos as it is fairly had to get photos of it, so i gave up :shifty:

I also have a small wenlock mascot union flack colored toy in the back, which is the start of what the theme of the car is going to look more like, which if u haven't guessed will be union jacks. more of how that come along when the work is actually carried out :D :D
Attached File  Wenlock Mascot.jpg   20.56K   2 downloads

:highfive: Thats All For Now :highfive:

#50 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

Nice little additions like those can make all the difference between:
chavvy, like this:
Posted Image

and something classy like this:
Posted Image

:proud:

but on a serious note,

Get the welding done! :teehee:

#51 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Thats very ture, my car is not looking chavvy so its ok :-):-)

yh i know, when i get the money (September) i am GOING to get the welding done, like, first priority going to, as my car is like a swimming pool after it has been raining, well the passengers side does anyway lol. and then the next job is the handbreak, then getting new hilos for the front, as the ride is getting worse.... :ohno: :ohno:

#52 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Thats very ture, my car is not looking chavvy so its ok :-) :-)

yh i know, when i get the money (September) i am GOING to get the welding done, like, first priority going to, as my car is like a swimming pool after it has been raining, well the passengers side does anyway lol. and then the next job is the handbreak, then getting new hilos for the front, as the ride is getting worse.... :ohno: :ohno:

weeellllll.....
it isn't that far off being chavvy...
what with all that chrome hung off it... ;D

I know what you mean, it's always 'when I have got more money, I'll get it sorted'... :lol:
why not get the handbrake and floors done at the same time? it isn't much extra welding to do...

Aww sucks that the ride is getting worse, mine has just gotten better since I have changed the wheels... although I suspect the cones still need changing for new, which I will do 'when I've got more money' >_<
HILOs will help and aren't that hard to get in :teehee:

#53 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Shut-up, your just jealous... :lol: :lol:

And lucky there is going to be money, so the problems are going to get sorted :D :D
I think that is a good idea, i will ask the welder if he can do that for me, as its loads of hassle otherwise as i will have to take the seats up again and the floor, just to do a stupid little handbrake part. =]

i know, its make the journeys a little painful, but same "as soon as i get the money" i will sort it :proud: which is soon :ohno:
Whay, a fairly easy job then :shifty: :shifty:

#54 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

hmm, I doubt that to be honest...
I'm not as much of a magpie as you... :shifty:

good! they need sorting!
yeah might as well get it done at the same time really...

it will be fine, although you'll need a cone compressor to change the trumpets to hilos though... :shades:

#55 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

BIG UPDATE:
I think the photo says it all...
Attached File  IMG217.jpg   41.34K   21 downloadsAttached File  IMG216.jpg   49.79K   23 downloads
im having more of a look l8er 2day, i will get bk with the status and whats going 2 happen when i know and work it out.... I am just hoping for the best....

Edited by BrAd2012, 21 September 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#56 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

The mini has been sold and going to be made into a tralier as its damaged beyound a rebuild.

#57 rob963

rob963

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

:'( this sucks!
I'm sorry to hear that its beyond repair :(

I'm sure that you'll be back with a mini soon! (Or at least as soon as funds allow!) :-P
And then you can put your project in the right area! ;-)

#58 BrAd2012

BrAd2012

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yh.... but **** happends...

i sure will be XD

haha, very funny...

#59 BrAd2012