#1456 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Now that is clean!

this is the only picture ive seen of this and looks a bit photoshopped to me, although i am no expert in photoshop

Im not sure I think it is real but if it is then it is purely a show pony and wouldnt be able to be road legal without a fair few bits added to it which would spoil the mini-malist (see what i did there ;) ) look

only a numberplate surely? indicators could easily be hidden behind the grille or in the bottom of the bumper

#1457 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Well from what I can see, wing mirrors , central mirror, no plates, indicators ( yeah hidden would be best) a way of opening the doors from the outside that isnt electronic incase of an accident and electrics failed, and I have seen this car before and I dont think its got rear lights at all so those as well

and add all that up and it wouldnt look the same

#1458 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Now that is clean!

this is the only picture ive seen of this and looks a bit photoshopped to me, although i am no expert in photoshop

Im not sure I think it is real but if it is then it is purely a show pony and wouldnt be able to be road legal without a fair few bits added to it which would spoil the mini-malist (see what i did there ;) ) look

only a numberplate surely? indicators could easily be hidden behind the grille or in the bottom of the bumper

This actually looks like the one from magnaflow exhaust guys in uxbrigde, hillingdon, London and is a show car, but road worthy and yes it is road worthy as I seen it drive down to L2B 2010 and looks amazing, if it is the same one ;D

#1459 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

This actually looks like the one from magnaflow exhaust guys in uxbrigde, hillingdon, London and is a show car, but road worthy and yes it is road worthy as I seen it drive down to L2B 2010 and looks amazing, if it is the same one ;D

#1460 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

interesting wheels...

Posted Image

#1461 joeyfinneran

joeyfinneran

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Local Club: imoc

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ohh them wheels ;)
Would love the bbs relatives of them in 10s ;)

#1462 alsy

alsy

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

#1463 octagonalpaul

octagonalpaul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Local Club: shatrats.com

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

^^ That looks great! Really need to get it lower though :)

#1464 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well from what I can see, wing mirrors , central mirror, no plates, indicators ( yeah hidden would be best) a way of opening the doors from the outside that isnt electronic incase of an accident and electrics failed, and I have seen this car before and I dont think its got rear lights at all so those as well

hmmm, i don't know...

Heres what i was told by my boss from an mot point of view, all thouhg this was on anti roll bar links -

N/S anti roll bar link missing or broke- fail.
O/S anti roll bar link missing or broke - fail.
N/S + O/S anti roll bar links missing or broke - pass

So if mirrors etc are not there, prehaps it doesn't come into the test?

Or maybe something as serious as mirrors etc need to be there?

#1465 JustSteve

JustSteve

Puke-Boy!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

hmmm, i don't know...

Heres what i was told by my boss from an mot point of view, all thouhg this was on anti roll bar links -

Ofcourse they need to be there! If there are no anti roll bar links, the bar is serving no use, therefore cannot be dangerous... You need mirrors by law.

A rear view plus a drivers door mirror (overtaking mirror). I believe a nearside is optional this may be age related)

#1466 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

hmmm, i don't know...

Ofcourse they need to be there! If there are no anti roll bar links, the bar is serving no use, therefore cannot be dangerous... You need mirrors by law.

A rear view plus a drivers door mirror (overtaking mirror). I believe a nearside is optional this may be age related)

If their both not there, nothing to test... Thats what i was told!

That's what my initial reaction was, but when you look into the ideas that the ministry/vosa have in mot's its crazy.

#1467 skoughi

skoughi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Shetland classic car club

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

Very nice! Wished I'd copyrighted my clubman cartoon though so I could charge Kappa for the use! ;D

Edited by skoughi, 17 December 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#1468 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

How could you charge me, as I did not copyright anything, just quoted on a pic of a car

Posted Image

Very nice! Wished I'd copyrighted my clubman cartoon though so I could charge Kappa for the use! ;D

#1469 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

If their both not there, nothing to test... Thats what i was told!

That's what my initial reaction was, but when you look into the ideas that the ministry/vosa have in mot's its crazy.

Not in regards to mirrors, for a car to pass an mot it must have a drivers side mirror, and one other mirror. It doesn't matter if the additional mirror is on the passenger side door or a rear view one, as long as its one on the drivers side then one more.

Either way, this car is a trailer queen and earns no respect from me

#1470 skoughi

skoughi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Shetland classic car club

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Was meaning the little cartoon thingy at the bottom of your post Kappa, the red and black clubman. Don't panic son, i'm not serious, actualy taking it as a compliment! :lol:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users