#631 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Just sat and read throug this entire thread again, an still can't believe people on the mini scene don't know what a good stance is. It's not about just lowering your car, it's about modifying it to get your car sitting well on (or over) its wheels.

Oh and to the people out there Who were still arguing about bags and air ride etc. you can use a low car every day, just some people aren't hard core enough to do it. If you want to live the low lifestyle, at least do it properly. What's cool about taking the easy way out? Instead of just dealing with it

yeah if you want to live on the low side you have to modify your cars ride to make it suitable you can't just slam the thing and hope for no speedbumps there is alot behind being low in the way of suspension upgrades and body modifications

This still isn't it, slamming a car is so that it looks good. If a car looks good as low as it can be then do it. Think about speed bumps later, cars looking good is the priority where stance is concerned, not how practical it is.
That's like saying don't have low profile tyres because one day you might hit a pot hole

i can see what you're saying but its all fine having a stylish car but what if its totally undriveable then it defeats the point because you won't be able to take it to shows or anything

#632 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

nice one "The.stroker" !

#633 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Just sat and read throug this entire thread again, an still can't believe people on the mini scene don't know what a good stance is. It's not about just lowering your car, it's about modifying it to get your car sitting well on (or over) its wheels.

Oh and to the people out there Who were still arguing about bags and air ride etc. you can use a low car every day, just some people aren't hard core enough to do it. If you want to live the low lifestyle, at least do it properly. What's cool about taking the easy way out? Instead of just dealing with it

yeah if you want to live on the low side you have to modify your cars ride to make it suitable you can't just slam the thing and hope for no speedbumps there is alot behind being low in the way of suspension upgrades and body modifications

This still isn't it, slamming a car is so that it looks good. If a car looks good as low as it can be then do it. Think about speed bumps later, cars looking good is the priority where stance is concerned, not how practical it is.
That's like saying don't have low profile tyres because one day you might hit a pot hole

i can see what you're saying but its all fine having a stylish car but what if its totally undriveable then it defeats the point because you won't be able to take it to shows or anything

You can though, people have been proving this on the volkswagen scene for ages, same with hot rods and rat rods. Including our lass's dad who is quite well known on the vw scene

#634 Jeffreypang911

Jeffreypang911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Mexico arches , 7 by 13 minilites

Can we get more pictures of your car? It looks great.

#635 SA MINI

SA MINI

Previously known as shaunarmes.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Local Club: yet to join HAMOC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Taken from an article named, appropriately, Stance Tutorial: 1971 Austin Mini

Posted Image

Posted Image

Probably the best looking mini in this entire thread (in my very humble opinion!!)

I love this mini.

Edited by SA MINI, 28 April 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#636 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

You can though, people have been proving this on the volkswagen scene for ages, same with hot rods and rat rods. Including our lass's dad who is quite well known on the vw scene

My belief is that if you truly rock the low lifestyle you make it work a perfect example of this is the rusty slammington build i mean the amount of work that went into it to get it be as low as possible yet still be functional (if you are ok with a completely gutted interior) cause to be honest i could lower my mini to the floor and it would look awesome but it would be silly because i'd have to raise it to drive it. i will eventually get round to tubbing and possibly a custom air ride solution for laying frame and having what i consider enough poke and tuck and all that other stuff but my point is lower it so it works not so its stylish and undriveable (by undriveable i dont mean arch rubbing and stuff i mean properly undriveable i.e it wont move off the curb to your drive)

#637 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Your first statement I agree with completely.

Your second on the other hand, while I can see where your coming from, doesn't make sense to me. If you just write off cars with airride or bags, your going to be missing out on some seriously sick cars. And yes it is seen that if you run static you do get more "respect" or "kudos", but people do not seriously mock or laugh at people who have taken time, money, effort, sweat and tears to get their car sitting with a sick stance, yeah there is some banter, but not serious hate. Just to add I'm not a big fan of air-ride but I've seen some savage cars on air ride that would not look anywhere near as good if it were static.

#638 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=0OOk_v1Kgyk

It's cooler to just use your low car and not give a flying f***
Out lass's dads camper scrapes its exhaust and bumpers gettin up the dropped curb into his drive... but why should he care? It looks good and that's what it's about. He hasn't taken the easy way out

#639 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

another thread on this forum brought me to these Moon Wheels. It's not Stanced but I think the wheels/covers have potential !

If anyone has better pics please share.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.bamdltd.co.uk/#!

Edited by Driezzie, 30 April 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#640 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=0OOk_v1Kgyk

It's cooler to just use your low car and not give a flying f***
Out lass's dads camper scrapes its exhaust and bumpers gettin up the dropped curb into his drive... but why should he care? It looks good and that's what it's about. He hasn't taken the easy way out

The easy way out???? ok just read this then and tell me if it is an easy way out to make a low riding car functional, http://www.stancewor...ead.php?t=10970 possibly one of the best builds to date of a very famous car

#641 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

another thread on this forum brought me to these Moon Wheels. It's not Stanced but I think the wheels/covers have potential !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah i started that topic as well lol i do like them but i can't see them on my car but who knows i might get them to switch things up

#642 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Excuse the rig!

Posted Image

#643 1994alex

1994alex

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Local Club: None yet :(

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lovely mini, force racing wheels i think

#644 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Excuse the rig!

Posted Image

This, this is sick.

#645 Hegnirst

Hegnirst

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,480 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

not really stance as of yet but im getting there!

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users