3581 replies to this topic

#466 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

there are a lot of minis posted indeed that do not qualify "stance" but in a lot of mini's has been put a lot of work and they still maintain the original look. Stance | Works is much more than just a heavy amount of negative camber and some airride, it's a movement which a lot of car enthusiasts appreciate and I'm convinced that a mini has earned his place between them, after all it's a classic !

You talk like StanceWorks is a style. It's not. It's a community built around the stance movement. I'm honestly beginning to question if you've ever even been on StanceWorks, I've yet to see you post.

The reason you aren't seeing Stanced Mini's is well, because there aren't any...well, not many. Most Mini's in this thread are lowered, yes, but have terrible arch gaps and poor fitment.

/Rant.

#467 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Ya, but you are the one that went against the stance rule... I still think that only photos of Mini's with nice "stance" should be posted in this thread. There probably isn't that many, and that is fine. Just having a ton of Mini pictures in here, doesn't work.

#468 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Ya, but you are the one that went against the stance rule... I still think that only photos of Mini's with nice "stance" should be posted in this thread. There probably isn't that many, and that is fine. Just having a ton of Mini pictures in here, doesn't work.

Stance rule? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Don't get me wrong, there are some very well presented Mini's in this thread, but I personally would only regard a few as being stanced. But that's just my own opinion.

#469 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

there are a lot of minis posted indeed that do not qualify "stance" but in a lot of mini's has been put a lot of work and they still maintain the original look. Stance | Works is much more than just a heavy amount of negative camber and some airride, it's a movement which a lot of car enthusiasts appreciate and I'm convinced that a mini has earned his place between them, after all it's a classic !

You talk like StanceWorks is a style. It's not. It's a community built around the stance movement. I'm honestly beginning to question if you've ever even been on StanceWorks, I've yet to see you post.

The reason you aren't seeing Stanced Mini's is well, because there aren't any...well, not many. Most Mini's in this thread are lowered, yes, but have terrible arch gaps and poor fitment.

/Rant.

Well said. This thread started off ok, a few lowered minis with a sort of stance, now it has just been spammed to hell with any old mini that is low or has wide wheels.

If you want a real decent stanced classic mini, you need to build a space frame and plonk the shell on top.

#470 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

@ Minuki

Why do you post this image then on Stance | Works Forum :) ?

Posted Image

#471 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Because it's a very well done Mini. The family had/have a whole load of various stanced VW's, which influenced the build of the Mini.

Edited by Minuki, 30 December 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#472 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Lets stop arguing and questioning each others credibility on stance and so what if some minis aren't stanced at the end of the day i started this because i like the movement that stanceworks portrays and if a few minis that are posted in this thread aren't stanced thencheer up and just be happy someone posted it because i am always happy to see minis i haven't seen before and get some new ideas and things for my own and i do feel hellaflush is possible because when i did my hi-los with sportspack arches i did them wrong and it was sitting with wheel and arch touching but i reckon i could tuck the rear wheels with some simple mods i just haven't had a chance yet as i won't until its warmer and i have my mini tubbed but its def possible i just feel noones gone for it really before (i mean fully gone for it not just lowered)

#473 Po*Low*

Po*Low*

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Local Club: Club Polo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Out of 32 pages the best Mini in this are,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#474 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Lets stop arguing and questioning each others credibility on stance and so what if some minis aren't stanced at the end of the day i started this because i like the movement that stanceworks portrays and if a few minis that are posted in this thread aren't stanced thencheer up and just be happy someone posted it because i am always happy to see minis i haven't seen before and get some new ideas and things for my own and i do feel hellaflush is possible because when i did my hi-los with sportspack arches i did them wrong and it was sitting with wheel and arch touching but i reckon i could tuck the rear wheels with some simple mods i just haven't had a chance yet as i won't until its warmer and i have my mini tubbed but its def possible i just feel noones gone for it really before (i mean fully gone for it not just lowered)

I don't think it'll work, but if you can pull it off then fair play to you mate. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

#475 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

@ Minuki

Why do you post this image then on Stance | Works Forum :) ?

Posted Image

Have you seen the epic fitment of the Caddy in the background and the guys dads Caddy too?

Posted Image
Untitled by Andrew Forbes Photography, on Flickr

(the above is from one of the cars)

This thread makes me question the fanboyism that is the world of stances cars......

#476 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

And yet, another thread on TMF results to B*tching. :mmkay:

#477 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

And yet, another thread on TMF results to B*tching. :mmkay:

I think most peoples problem with this thread is that its called mini stance. If you started a thread with the the title "black Minis" and asked for pictures of black minis, then the thread was spammed with red green blue pink etc etc coloured minis you'd be pretty annoyed.

Same with this, they wanted pictures of stanced minis and there are some, but most of the pictures are just minis, granted they are nice minis, but not what the the thread is about.

#478 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

@ po low

Also shows the difference between a 13 inch and a 10 inch wheel very well.

#479 mini*mad

mini*mad

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

yum!

this car will be making a return to the scene after almost a two year break and a full rebuild later :D

#480 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

ok im trying to keep on topic, but please do tell me if ive got the wrong end of the stick

Posted Image

YetI

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users