#1816 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I will admit, I haven't been the best of keeping a log of everything cause sometimes you forget to snap a shot along the way till it's all said and done. In my sig is my facebook page, got a lot of stuff on there. Morris Build, Honda Mini, Bikes, etc. I haven't taken to much of the Estate cause it's on the back burner. Next Friday I am hoping to get started on it again. Really stuck on what I want to do with it engine wise... I have already done suzuki swap, integra b18c1, 1293... currently it's got the stock 1098 and it runs so great I can't bring myself to get rid of it at the moment. I am really thinking about adding SC 5 Port Injection though to mix it up. The rest is almost figured out...

Posted Image

Love these wheels, what are they, what size are these and what size tyres you running?

#1817 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

@meetthespeakers

I'm already following you on Facebook for a while and on StanceWorks forums ;).

Edited by Driezzie, 12 March 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#1818 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well, I always like doing something a little different, and even though my pops wanted a v8 I decided to go with a 95 v6 fuel injected 3.4 camaro engine, ford explorer 8.8 rear end, 86 toyota 2wd truck frame, body channeled over frame. I had it statically lowered 5 inches, but that wasn't enough. Now I can rest the "oil pan" on the ground. I really just liked the way this size engine fit, it almost looks like it was kinda sorta suppose to be in there. Should still be good for low 12 second 1/4. Weight is around 1780lbs, 275hp. Anyway, if you can see, alot of things have been smoothed out, shaved, widened, the engine bay is almost done. Rear fenders I widened 3.5". Like all my cars, I like them clean, simple, and low.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm a carb man myself and love a v8. But I think you've made a good choice, the v6 sits in there like its supposed to be there.
I love the patina on the shell too.
I've been looking to find a car to shoehorn a v8 into, I do have a spare mini shell at the moment though :P it's on the 'to do' list

Edit: just seen the post above, do you mind if I add you on Facebook so I can see the updates?

Edited by adam_93rio, 12 March 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#1819 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

what the guys name on fb, as i type that name and nothing comes up

#1820 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

'In my sig is my facebook page'...

http://www.facebook....266785820018607

If you take the time and read what the guy's posted, you wont have to ask any questions ;D

#1821 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

13x7 supertrax (huddersfield spares) with group 2 extra wide mexico arches, need to get them sprayed so they arent old english white and also going to be getting 1" spaced drums for the back and insure what spacers to go on front

also going to be tubbing rear arches and getting the hi los to have extra threading put onto them shall hopefully be running lowered adjustable dampers too after my rebuild

Big ears

#1822 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

If you take the time and read what the guy's posted, you wont have to ask any questions ;D

Cheers mate, sorry must of just missed it, ;D

#1823 iMurray

iMurray

Mild Cheddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

thats why a ilove that 6n so much! ha i can see it now... i wondered why it looked so different... its very well done... infact... i kinda want it :shifty: :) fitment, got it :) some good looking cars in this thread agains :) specially the estate, enjoying this!

#1824 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Signatures don't show up on the mobile site ;D

#1825 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Think you missed my point.... the paint is more of a personal opinion on stance and your car.

Man made bodge rat look i just don't like. The majority, is just like people who can't modify there car, so they just take a wire wheel to there roof or bonnet. I have no idea how that became cool lol. I don't mind a real rat car, with hanging mold and real rust, somehow squeezing through an mot being dragged out of a barn.

I see stance as bringing everything together, looking at something and thinking hell yea that's sweet. It just works? Ride height, fitment and all the personal touches that make a car. Like the red mk1 mini that's been posted up on here a bit.

So i look at the car above and to me it hasn't got it, unfortunately. Man made rat look. Yea, its got fitment and ride height down but the rest just doesn't work for me.

Hence why i say get some proper paint and take those rear arches off.

Honestly I do get hat you're trying I get at, but you're talking out of your arse. And that's putting it politely.
'stance' is how a car sits. The stance of a car is not how the paint looks, you're talking about not liking the styling of a car, which fair enough its up to you what you like.
The beetle above, isn't a 'man made' rat. Do you know anything about how famous that car and owner are? Just googling his name you will find pages of people on forums and the like slagging him off. He started the brand hoodride, you might of heard of it as it is now, but that's not what hoodride was about. He started the brand and the trend for people digging cars out and running them notated what they look like. When people started rusting their bonnet or putting a roof rack on then ordering hoodride stencils to spray on it he got pissed off, the 'man made' rat look took away the essence of what it is about. Everything you will hear of him is about how he ripped people off not sending them stuff out and owing them money for it, it's because they took something from him so he ******* them all off and stopped giving back. One of my close friends use to know him during this time am soon after he just disappeared from car scenes. Nobody quite gets it, the mini scene is full of that's sort of people, scared of change and something different.
And if you were referring to my car as a man made rat. Then I'm afraid you're wrong again, telling me I need 'propper paint' for a stanced car, again, is just the start of it. The front end, and passenger door and boot lid are the only parts of my car not in it's original paint, so how can that be man made rat? I never call my car a 'rat look' it is what it is. The bonnet and boot were bare metal and in a mates garden for a few years with most of the stickers already on, the man made rain must of caused the surface rust then? I put them on my car because I liked how they look an needed those panels.
You're talking about people with ratty cars saying they don't know how to modify them? You're talking about those kids with a mk5 golf with a rusted bonnet, go to Santa pod and see if any car you ever build will beat one of my friends vw club members down the strip. But you must be able to seen as though theyre low and ratty, so they can't be modified or drive fast.
If you think I just took a wire wheel to my car because I don't know how to modify then your wrong again, how many other people have fitted 10" steelies over fiesta brakes? Or is in the process of building and designing modified subframes? You're assumptions are premature, and sound try they fell out of the wrong end of your body
The front end was replaced as it had rotted through, and the door was reversed into so it was replaced by another door that was in primer.
All of the above just further proves that you don't have a clue about it, so I don't get what your argument is? You don't like how my car looks, so what? It's got a story, it's got history other than that "it looked it's age so it was restored in shiny paint and chrome" like 90% of classic cars. I have said before that how my car sits is a work in progress, so "lose the arches, change te wheels and get some propper paint" just doesn't cut it.

If you ever get your name on the logbook then you can start deciding how it looks. I haven't told anyone here how to style their car, each to their own.
There are plenty of people who appreciate my car for what it is, even if it's not their style. Car lifestyle conpanies across the world posting pictures of my car on their social networks, so I post pictures up for those people.

So if you don't like it, scroll past it

Dude, i'm just giving my opinion. I'm not trying to offend you or your car. No need to say i'm talking out my arse.

I'm a little dyslexic and i can't really get half your grammer in that. Sorry.

If some of your mates do want a race though that's cooooool. I would prefer something with corners though.

Edited by jonny f, 13 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#1826 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: MAM, CMR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Thanks guys, as far as the wheel spec, 13x7 aero race wheels, spun formed, b.s. 2" front, 4" rear. Should have probably went 3" rear and added a 1/2" spacer but oh well (NON spacered drum). Tires are Yoko A048r Medium Compound, 175/50 13. 2" backspacing is a little less than the typical 13x7 with -7mm b.s. I still have to add disc on the front, so I know it will push it out a hair. Anyway, carry on!

#1827 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I liked it when the rear wheel sat more like that, personally

What size rims and tyres is this, also what is the suspension set up on this? I love the look

#1828 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

13x7 - 165/55/13

#1829 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

13x7 - 165/55/13

Thanks for that, does anyone know what suspension set-up this car has?

Edited by kappa, 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#1830 octagonalpaul

octagonalpaul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Local Club: shatrats.com

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

The Simple Mini specific stance guide:

Is it stanced? (only yes if you can answer yes to all below)

-Drastically lowered over stock
-Arch gap less than 1 finger
-Front end is level or lower than rear end (preferably slightly lower)

NOT stanced if:

-Arches are mounted lower than stock
-Wheels are not at least as wide as arches (if arches fitted)
-Car isn't excessively low
-Body kits etc. do not count
-Larger tires/wheels fitted to minimize arch gap
-Positive camber is present

Note: Ride height is measured to the body of the car, not any additions like splitters/spoilers etc.
arch gap is measured to arch on the car body, not fibreglass items. Camber can be utilised to maximise fitment.

Stance IS impractical, if you don't scrape it's not low enough.

Easiest way to massive stance:
-Hi Lo's wound all the way in
-10inch wheels
-tubbed rear arches
-no arches
-camber brackets + adjustable bottom arms
-re-mount exhaust as high as possible

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)