#1801 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Right... fitment where did that come from? hehe The blue dub is flush.... the rat has a heck of alot of tuck... poke is the opposite of tuck where the wheels come out further than the arches... hella flush is the whole flush at the top ambered at the bottom look.

hope this helps. now post some minis!:) i know i've argued here in the past but im sorry for that :) lets just enjoy nice stanced minis, and if people want a stanced car thread go make one in non mini chat

Poke, flush, sunk, hellaflush..whatever. They all fall under the word "Fitment". That's what it means..the fitment of the wheels.

No arguing here, just trying to clear up the confusion.

also thats probably the only 6n polo i really like... i prefer 6n2s :)

It's a Mk3 Golf with a Jetta front end :proud:

What he said. Fitment aka getting your wheels bang on.

#1802 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: MAM, CMR

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Almost scared to post my clubby on here, lol. Seriously though, I am heading in the stance direction. Just gonna take time. I am building 3 other cars right now, but I did get my new shoes on finally. I painted them, they are 13x7 Aero Wheels, spun formed, then painted the centers.

Posted Image

Posted Image
How I would like it to sit. In the background you can see my bagged astro. I may end up doing that on the Estate in time.

Posted Image
Here is my 61 Morris Minor I just finished fabricating the air ride on... seeing a trend in the vehicles I own.

Posted Image
A little tuck on the wheels!

Posted Image
And the bagged Astro next to clubby prior to drop.

#1803 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I dont think you can stance a Mini in a way that I would say is godsmackingly beautiful

To be beautiful, I think you need proportions the mini does not normally have. From the top of the wing to the top of the wheel arch, you want that distance to be less than half the diameter of the rim. The shorter that distance is, the better.

Posted Image

Right on! The above clubby estate is what I'm talking about. Big wheels give better stance. A barely noticeable chop on it would look unbelievably sweet.

Edited by minimarco, 12 March 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#1804 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

http://mini-mk3.com/archives/3893

Edited by alex-95, 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#1805 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

http://mini-mk3.com/...ory/mini/mymini

Edited by alex-95, 26 March 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#1806 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Almost scared to post my clubby on here, lol. Seriously though, I am heading in the stance direction. Just gonna take time. I am building 3 other cars right now, but I did get my new shoes on finally. I painted them, they are 13x7 Aero Wheels, spun formed, then painted the centers.

Posted Image

Posted Image
How I would like it to sit. In the background you can see my bagged astro. I may end up doing that on the Estate in time.

Posted Image
Here is my 61 Morris Minor I just finished fabricating the air ride on... seeing a trend in the vehicles I own.

Posted Image

Posted Image
And the bagged Astro next to clubby prior to drop.

This clubby estate is serious

#1807 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

lol I just noticed what the license plate says.

#1808 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Damn was just replying to that haha

#1809 Chriss

Chriss

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Damnnnnn. That estate.

#1810 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

SORRY for getting off topic!

This clubby estate is serious

It's about to get serious! Got a lot of plans for it, just need to find the time. Morris Minor is top priority on getting it on the road for my pops bday in April. Then I can really take the Estate to the next level. Combining what I have learned over the last 48 minis I built this past year.

A few plates over the years, NOTABMW (91 Mini), EAST SIDE (On the wifes trabi), LO STRO (98 Astro)... many many others.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by meetthespeakers, 12 March 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#1811 conlad

conlad

Previously known as ct16mini.

• Noobies
  • 2,054 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Mannnnnn them wheels are the sex

Love your work, you got a blog or photobucket we can drool over?!

#1812 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I will admit, I haven't been the best of keeping a log of everything cause sometimes you forget to snap a shot along the way till it's all said and done. In my sig is my facebook page, got a lot of stuff on there. Morris Build, Honda Mini, Bikes, etc. I haven't taken to much of the Estate cause it's on the back burner. Next Friday I am hoping to get started on it again. Really stuck on what I want to do with it engine wise... I have already done suzuki swap, integra b18c1, 1293... currently it's got the stock 1098 and it runs so great I can't bring myself to get rid of it at the moment. I am really thinking about adding SC 5 Port Injection though to mix it up. The rest is almost figured out...

Posted Image

Edited by meetthespeakers, 12 March 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#1813 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Think you missed my point.... the paint is more of a personal opinion on stance and your car.

Man made bodge rat look i just don't like. The majority, is just like people who can't modify there car, so they just take a wire wheel to there roof or bonnet. I have no idea how that became cool lol. I don't mind a real rat car, with hanging mold and real rust, somehow squeezing through an mot being dragged out of a barn.

I see stance as bringing everything together, looking at something and thinking hell yea that's sweet. It just works? Ride height, fitment and all the personal touches that make a car. Like the red mk1 mini that's been posted up on here a bit.

So i look at the car above and to me it hasn't got it, unfortunately. Man made rat look. Yea, its got fitment and ride height down but the rest just doesn't work for me.

Hence why i say get some proper paint and take those rear arches off.

Honestly I do get hat you're trying I get at, but you're talking out of your arse. And that's putting it politely.
'stance' is how a car sits. The stance of a car is not how the paint looks, you're talking about not liking the styling of a car, which fair enough its up to you what you like.
The beetle above, isn't a 'man made' rat. Do you know anything about how famous that car and owner are? Just googling his name you will find pages of people on forums and the like slagging him off. He started the brand hoodride, you might of heard of it as it is now, but that's not what hoodride was about. He started the brand and the trend for people digging cars out and running them notated what they look like. When people started rusting their bonnet or putting a roof rack on then ordering hoodride stencils to spray on it he got pissed off, the 'man made' rat look took away the essence of what it is about. Everything you will hear of him is about how he ripped people off not sending them stuff out and owing them money for it, it's because they took something from him so he ******* them all off and stopped giving back. One of my close friends use to know him during this time am soon after he just disappeared from car scenes. Nobody quite gets it, the mini scene is full of that's sort of people, scared of change and something different.
And if you were referring to my car as a man made rat. Then I'm afraid you're wrong again, telling me I need 'propper paint' for a stanced car, again, is just the start of it. The front end, and passenger door and boot lid are the only parts of my car not in it's original paint, so how can that be man made rat? I never call my car a 'rat look' it is what it is. The bonnet and boot were bare metal and in a mates garden for a few years with most of the stickers already on, the man made rain must of caused the surface rust then? I put them on my car because I liked how they look an needed those panels.
You're talking about people with ratty cars saying they don't know how to modify them? You're talking about those kids with a mk5 golf with a rusted bonnet, go to Santa pod and see if any car you ever build will beat one of my friends vw club members down the strip. But you must be able to seen as though theyre low and ratty, so they can't be modified or drive fast.
If you think I just took a wire wheel to my car because I don't know how to modify then your wrong again, how many other people have fitted 10" steelies over fiesta brakes? Or is in the process of building and designing modified subframes? You're assumptions are premature, and sound try they fell out of the wrong end of your body
The front end was replaced as it had rotted through, and the door was reversed into so it was replaced by another door that was in primer.
All of the above just further proves that you don't have a clue about it, so I don't get what your argument is? You don't like how my car looks, so what? It's got a story, it's got history other than that "it looked it's age so it was restored in shiny paint and chrome" like 90% of classic cars. I have said before that how my car sits is a work in progress, so "lose the arches, change te wheels and get some propper paint" just doesn't cut it.

If you ever get your name on the logbook then you can start deciding how it looks. I haven't told anyone here how to style their car, each to their own.
There are plenty of people who appreciate my car for what it is, even if it's not their style. Car lifestyle conpanies across the world posting pictures of my car on their social networks, so I post pictures up for those people.

So if you don't like it, scroll past it

#1814 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Almost scared to post my clubby on here, lol. Seriously though, I am heading in the stance direction.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dot apologise for going off topic. Your cars are awesome!
What engine is in that moggy? It looks like a beast!
I wouldn't be scared of posting those! It seems to just be my car that gets hated on by the purists

#1815 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well, I always like doing something a little different, and even though my pops wanted a v8 I decided to go with a 95 v6 fuel injected 3.4 camaro engine, ford explorer 8.8 rear end, 86 toyota 2wd truck frame, body channeled over frame. I had it statically lowered 5 inches, but that wasn't enough. Now I can rest the "oil pan" on the ground. I really just liked the way this size engine fit, it almost looks like it was kinda sorta suppose to be in there. Should still be good for low 12 second 1/4. Weight is around 1780lbs, 275hp. Anyway, if you can see, alot of things have been smoothed out, shaved, widened, the engine bay is almost done. Rear fenders I widened 3.5". Like all my cars, I like them clean, simple, and low.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users