3581 replies to this topic

#1786 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

No the paint is more of a personal opinion on stance. It's just not got the look for stance.

Even if you put the right wheels on your still going to have arches on the back and not on the front. It just doesn't really work for a mini in the stance category.

I honestly laughed out loud when I read your post about paint having something to do with stance.
Stance is how a car sits, wether the paint or other styling of the car is to your taste or not, it's still completely irrelevant to the suspension and stance.
So you would say this has no stance because it hasn't got shiny paint?
Posted Image

#1787 AdamCave

AdamCave

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm sorry but paint has nothing to do with stance? And arches on the rear and the front, if anything not having any arches shows how small the wheel gap is rather than hiding it behind fitting arches lower.

#1788 AdamCave

AdamCave

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

You got there before me Adam!

#1789 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

You got there before me Adam!

Still, well said. At least some people understand simple car terms

#1790 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Haha and the bitching about the Mini "stance" continues :P. It's not really possible to do the regular "stance" most people are used to see on VW's and Honda's etc but trying to get a little car to sit right is a great accomplishment I must say :D ! Think of it as making your mini look a bit like a "Mario Kart" haha.

More pics less talking :P !

#1791 ajtom94

ajtom94

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

13x7 supertrax (huddersfield spares) with group 2 extra wide mexico arches, need to get them sprayed so they arent old english white and also going to be getting 1" spaced drums for the back and insure what spacers to go on front

also going to be tubbing rear arches and getting the hi los to have extra threading put onto them shall hopefully be running lowered adjustable dampers too after my rebuild

Edited by ajtom94, 12 March 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#1792 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Stance is an art form, and like all others it feeds on interpretation, the eye of the creator maybe the only eye to which the car is stanced, but does that mean it isn't? to the rest of us maybe, but just because it doesn't fit into the styles of 'stanced' that are well known and followed, does that mean it isn't stanced? Again like all forms of art, I think its one thing to the creator and another to the crowds. Because you drive a Mini 1" from the ground on 10x7 steel wheels and the other guy drives a Mini with a lot of ground clearance and 13x7 superlites does that make one any less stanced than the other? Maybe in terms of extremeness the first one is 'more' stanced because it catches your eye as more radically modified, but to some a stance is subtle, you'd have to take a second look before you realise exactly why you like the look of it so much.

I think the arguing should stop and we should carry on sharing pictures of some more sexy Minis :)

I dont think you can stance a Mini in a way that I would say is godsmackingly beautiful, purely because of the stancing that I enjoy the most isn't on British classics! But that doesn't mean a Mini can't look awesome :-)

Posted Image

#1793 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Local Club: Waikato Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

i love the Hakosuka!!! great pic^^ that will be my next project. A KGC10 with a GTR conversion apart from the S20 already have it lined up!!! cant wait

Edited by joyce1bro, 12 March 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#1794 Driezzie

Driezzie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

#1795 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

No the paint is more of a personal opinion on stance. It's just not got the look for stance.

Even if you put the right wheels on your still going to have arches on the back and not on the front. It just doesn't really work for a mini in the stance category.

I honestly laughed out loud when I read your post about paint having something to do with stance.
Stance is how a car sits, wether the paint or other styling of the car is to your taste or not, it's still completely irrelevant to the suspension and stance.
So you would say this has no stance because it hasn't got shiny paint?
Posted Image

Think you missed my point.... the paint is more of a personal opinion on stance and your car.

Man made bodge rat look i just don't like. The majority, is just like people who can't modify there car, so they just take a wire wheel to there roof or bonnet. I have no idea how that became cool lol. I don't mind a real rat car, with hanging mold and real rust, somehow squeezing through an mot being dragged out of a barn.

I see stance as bringing everything together, looking at something and thinking hell yea that's sweet. It just works? Ride height, fitment and all the personal touches that make a car. Like the red mk1 mini that's been posted up on here a bit.

So i look at the car above and to me it hasn't got it, unfortunately. Man made rat look. Yea, its got fitment and ride height down but the rest just doesn't work for me.

Hence why i say get some proper paint and take those rear arches off.

#1796 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

One thing I've noticed in reading the last couple of pages is that I think some people are getting a bit confused with the word "Fitment".

Fitment, to me anyway, is how the lip of the wheel relates/sits to the arch. Take the bug for example, it doesn't really have any sort of "Fitment" because the wheel isn't anywhere near the arch. I'd describe that as a more "Sunk" look.

Apologies for using another Dub, but this is what I would describe has having a good "fitment"

Posted Image

There are a very, very few Mini's in this thread that have proper fitment as it does require some pretty wide wheels and stretched tyres. That blue Vauxhall one, i'd say that's close to having some nice fitment.

But that's just my opinion, of course.

#1797 iMurray

iMurray

Mild Cheddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Right... fitment where did that come from? hehe The blue dub is flush.... the rat has a heck of alot of tuck... poke is the opposite of tuck where the wheels come out further than the arches... hella flush is the whole flush at the top ambered at the bottom look.

hope this helps. now post some minis!:) i know i've argued here in the past but im sorry for that :) lets just enjoy nice stanced minis, and if people want a stanced car thread go make one in non mini chat

#1798 iMurray

iMurray

Mild Cheddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

also thats probably the only 6n polo i really like... i prefer 6n2s :)

#1799 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just post pictures of Minis and enjoy! jesus christ does it matter? If you dont like it move on to the next or even better, share a photo that you do like!!!

#1800 Minuki

Minuki

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Right... fitment where did that come from? hehe The blue dub is flush.... the rat has a heck of alot of tuck... poke is the opposite of tuck where the wheels come out further than the arches... hella flush is the whole flush at the top ambered at the bottom look.

hope this helps. now post some minis!:) i know i've argued here in the past but im sorry for that :) lets just enjoy nice stanced minis, and if people want a stanced car thread go make one in non mini chat

Poke, flush, sunk, hellaflush..whatever. They all fall under the word "Fitment". That's what it means..the fitment of the wheels.

No arguing here, just trying to clear up the confusion.

also thats probably the only 6n polo i really like... i prefer 6n2s :)

It's a Mk3 Golf with a Jetta front end :proud:

Edited by Minuki, 12 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users