#91 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Are there actually any stage rallies round here? The Kent rally is dead and that was the last one i knew of round here? I think the Sevenoaks MC do some 12 car night rallies in winter but I didn't think there was anything in Kent really

#92 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Brands Hatch Stages have been running for the last couple of years in January. Because of the success there'll be more stages in the summer, 27th August Bank Holiday.

This event is run by Chelmsford MC.

#93 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Brands Hatch Stages have been running for the last couple of years in January. Because of the success there'll be more stages in the summer, 27th August Bank Holiday.

This event is run by Chelmsford MC.

Ah yes forgot about them!

It's a shame there's not many rallies around any more, especially closed road sections. My Dad has so many good stories about rallying and I'd love to give it a go! I don't want to sound big headed but I think I might be fairly good!

#94 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Brands Hatch Stages, January 2012 video

#95 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

yes, a shame that there is no closed road rallying in UK mainland. Only one is the Jim Clark that happened last weekend by the way...

That's one of the only things I miss from Spain

P.S. sorry for the hijack

#96 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think they're trying to get something through parliament to let them close the roads for competition at the moment so fingers crossed!
I hear that the MSA are banning straight cut gearboxes from road events next year, unless they were standard fitment at the time of production. I'm not sure where that stands the Minis though as there was an option for a straight cut box on Cooper S but it wasn't standard as such. Seems a bit silly to me but they probably had a lot of complaints about the noise over the years

#97 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Ive found someone who dead keen on motorsport, an im currently trying to find a road rally to enter, just so myself and navigator can both get some sort of idea of navigating.

My exhaust repair didnt last long, due to crap quality flexy breaking up, so i looked around an decided to decat it, sounds a lot better and quieter now, and seems to rev a bit free-er.

Posted Image

And painting the callipers red wouldve given me an extra 7bhp too :lol:

Posted Image

And this horse was full on loving the bonnet pins :lol:

Posted Image

Just waiting for te roll cage to arrive now :D

#98 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

12 car rallies are a good start, friendly but competitive. they happen usually during the winter months...

check motor club websites in your area www.blackpalfrey.co.uk , http://www.mmkmc.co.uk/ or http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/ for example... or www.chelmsfordmc.co.uk just across the border!

#99 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Awesome, thanks for the links, i found a 12 car rally in july, but i think im away that weekend >_<

#100 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Also, won these on ebay and picked them up last night, 99p each :lol: handy to keep as spares, as im bound to require one at some point >_<

Posted Image

#101 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

12 car rallies are a good start, friendly but competitive. they happen usually during the winter months...

check motor club websites in your area www.blackpalfrey.co.uk , http://www.mmkmc.co.uk/ or http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/ for example... or www.chelmsfordmc.co.uk just across the border!

Those links look promising, thanks :D I'll see if I can convince my dad to get in the passenger seat, but he's not such a good passenger anymore since he had a crash years ago when he was codriving in stead of driving and ended up in hospital for a while. The crash wasn't their fault as they were on a road section and the othe car came round a bend on their side but hey.

I think I'll go and have a look at a couple of those rallies if I get chance and maybe have a go at autotesting at Headcorn seeing as that is only 15 minutes from me.

Have you found yourself a co driver yet Sam?

#102 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Have you found yourself a co driver yet Sam?

Possibly, which is why i want to do a road rally first, to see if shes any good at navigating, rather than going straight in for a fully competetive endurance rally.

I watched josh and ben autotesting there last night, there were a few minis there. I did try it in my old citroen ax last year, but got frustrated as i kept getting lost, so just drove into all the poles :lol: you should have a go, its great fun, next ones 4th july i believe.

Edited by samsfern, 21 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#103 86mayfair

86mayfair

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

I think that would be my problem too haha how complicated are the courses? I really want to give it a go but I should get my handbrake working well first :lol:

#104 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Some of them are quite complicated, but some of them are quite simple. Its best to watch a few people do the course first then you have a go.

#105 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

autosolos don't involve any memorising as the cones are numbered... if my car is running decently, right now it's pants, I'm having a go at my first one on 8th July.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users