#32 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Nice work there mate! Hate it when something like that happens!

I seem to spend all my time these days tracking down oil or diesel leaks, its invariably the most expensive and/or awkward thing that's wrong! I don't even bother looking at the quick fixes any more hahaha!

How many miles you managed to put on the clock since having her?

Edited by liirge, 14 December 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#33 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,091 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi Sam,
Sounds like you've been having fun! Re the final drive ratio, the Metro with the K-series has a higher final drive, but for rallying you want to have as low an FD as possible. When rallying you hardly ever get into 5th anyway.
One more thing to remember is that for Endurance, or any road rallying, you are only allowed 4 main lighting beams. So on my Rover I removed the silly fog lights and fitted aluminium plates over the holes, then added a pair of PIAA Driving Lights with 100 w bulbs on special lamp brackets which I made to suit.
incd the Rover 25 appears to have 4 existing lenses on its main lights you need to call Owen or Jamie at the Rover Centre in St. Albans as they rally a 25 and will know what to do for the best.

#34 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

How many miles you managed to put on the clock since having her?

I just looked, over 8,000, lol.

Hi Peter, hope alls well, I've been wondering where I stand with the standard lights, as all 4 on the main headlamps illuminate on full or dipped beam, I've been getting mixed answers on that. As for the standard foglights, I do still have the standard blanking plate things to replace the foglights. Also, you mentioned to me about the mgzr steering rack, I've managed to source one from my local mg/rover breaker. It is a "quicker rack" than the standard 25. I think I'll have a trip to the rover centre in the new year at some point.

I also went to a place near me called powerspeed that make and fit fia approved roll cages, and had a chat, I want a full welded in cage, I've seen some of their work, they done a cage for a 205 Rallye we prepped for my old boss, andy actman to sprint, and the cage looked very substantial. They quoted me £1100 which I didn't think was too bad, I still might just get a Bolt in safety devices cage from demontweeks for it though, will see where I am financially. Either way I want removable door bars and a bar on the cage for harnesses.

I also had a look at making the underguarding whilst I had the ramp, I think it'll be relatively straight forward. I reckon I'll make the front guard so it fits on the front crossmember/subframe and comes all the way back to the floor, that way it should protect everything up front, brake and fuel line guard looks like it will be fairly straight forward too.

Edited by samsfern, 14 December 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#35 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Gave the mg zr wing, a few interior bits and a load of 3m carbon vinyl, to a friend of mine that does vinyl wrapping, who owes me a favour for getting him out of trouble, so he can wrap it in carbon, hell yeah! Also thinking of gettin him to do the door mirrors for me, not sure yet though...

#36 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

well today i washed it, it wasnt too dirty, lol

Posted Image

, collected a few bits today, hes done the heater switch panel thing beautifully, got it to go round the "recesses" for the twisty dials, and the angles i wanted it to be in, i might get him to redo the other bit of trim, so the weave goes the same as the heater panel, also had a play with a wing mirror whilst his boss was out, lol, im not too keen on it, i prefer them colour coded i think...

looks a lot better than that gay pretend wood, lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the mirror we done....

Posted Image

im not sure wether i like it.....

#37 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

Interior is sick, mirror is homo!!!!!

#38 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yeah dude, I thought that when I saw the mirror in the light, looked gash and a bit chavvy so I peeled it off before I took the car out, lol.

Mentioned to my old boss, who's been rallying and racing for many years and is pretty successful, I told him I bought the rover to use as a rally car and asked his opinion, he said, "do it, its a very good car to use and will be competitive for what I want to do with it. :thumbs up:

Edited by samsfern, 23 December 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#39 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

I did that too, it's a simple cheap mod that changes the interior quite nicely :)

Posted Image

#40 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

That's who I got the idea from, lol! I did peel it off the mirror, definately didnt like that, lol. Going to give it a full valet tommorow morning, it's pretty grubby inside.

#41 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Got hardly any work done today, had to go into London early this morning, took the 25, on the way back, going up the slip road to join the m25, clutch let go, again. I haven't pushed it at all since I done the clutch 2 weeks ago. I'm not a happy bunny, it'll be the third clutch in 6 weeks, I'm going to throw the clutch back through the motor factors window, get another one and fix it, I was suppose to going to France to pick a trailor load of furniture up for someone tommorow, looks like that'll have to be delayed, as the rovers the only car ive got access to that has a towbar. Then I'm going to sell the red hunk of ******* and let it be some other ******* problem. :wave:

Edited by samsfern, 08 January 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#42 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

So the rovers chomped through another £100 worth clutch and gearbox oil, done it today, had a major argument with the place I've been buying the clutches from, and nearly ended up jumping over the counter and beating the guy with it. But I promise If it goes again, it's being sold or broken or I'll set fire to it.

#43 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Do you know what's wrong with the clutches?

#44 samsfern

samsfern

• Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Just crap, I googled the company that make them and read to avoid them. I closed my account with eurocarparts and told them to go stick it, and i got a new clutch from lcp, which is a Luk one feels so much better to use already, the old one would judder if I didn't slip it. Just hope it holds out as Im going to towing quite a bit of weight back from France tommorow.

Edited by samsfern, 09 January 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#45 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users