#31 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Mmmmm, lancia Delta Integrale. Now that'd be a perfect daily driver. I mean, turboengine for short trips to the shops and stuck in traffic jams on the M6. Oh, don't be forgetting the bullet proof gearboxes ;)

Thats one car I wanted and never bought, can you believe all because the steering wheel is on the wrong side :lol:

Its just a LHD drive thing with me, I still wouldn't buy one now, I'd rather keep it as one of cars I'd love to own but never will , if that makes sense :D

As for your daily driver/occasional trackday choice, its hard to say, alot to choose from however heres a little true story......

Ages ago me and my mate went to a trackday, me in my toyota mr2 turbo him in his ep3 type-r, before we left his girlfriend said "remember to get the stuff" I didn't have a clue what stuff?, anyway, after the trackday on the way back we popped in Ikea as it was on the way and he picked up a couple of small dressers (flat pack obviously!) and a few plants. Then he popped into asda and chucked in four bags of shopping, all I was carrying in mine was some tools as thats all that would fit!

I know your not gonna go shopping after every trackday but just saying the car showed its comfortable on the track and road, getting abused in both cases! :)

#32 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Well to be honest, speed limit is 70mph. so whats the point? :)

Unless you like germany then fine haha

I dont see the point on spending money on an "average" car, it will only get beaten up

worrying about scratching your new "rims" or new paint and worrying if your mods will blow your engine

Im 21 and never had the urge to mod a car that is anything new ish, just a waste of time and money and you will never get your money back and id rather save up for a decent motor, just like a delta or an old jaguar

Its not "hip" but you'll be laughing at the money you will get for the car in the future.

I LOVE cars dont get me wrong, i just dont see the point in spending money on something basically pointless.

Ahh well, your money and life do what you want with it

but i wont hand you a tissue when my GTR storms your "Tronda" and makes you cry knowing that i made no mods to it to make it go FAST :lol:

Anyway PEACEEE

basicly all you said there was wrong... hwy not mod a "new" car when you can mod them in just as many ways as an old one? by what age do you consider a car old enough to mod
personaly id love a new car, we built this at work, it had driven 80 miles from bristol to the work shop and stripped down and built back up to R2 spec, took about 3 months including shell prep and paint, basicly just the 2 of us working on it
Posted Image
personaly, if i had the cash, id spend money on a new car and of course mod it so make an already fast car faster

#33 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

I sold my impreza sti at Christmas. Nothing to do with chav image, but just that everytime I left the gym ( which shares a car park with mcdonalds) all the little turds would come wheelspinning up behind me. Mmmm bhp300+ scooby against a Saxo with 4 exhausts. Well obvioulsly I'd have no chance, as only supercars have that many zorsts innlt. So I bowed my head in shame and bough a Citroën berlingo van :)

550 miles to a tank of fuel rather than 200....... Result!!!!

Been doing a little more research on CTR's. Jdm version is muh better spec'd, quicker, faster, more power and torque, but is generally twice the price of the uk car in any particular year.
Only available in White and built in Swindon.

Edited by mattdc2r, 20 July 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#34 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

I am I right in thinking also that the JDM version has a LSD whereas the UKDM's didn't?

Edited by james962, 20 July 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#35 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

They do indeed!

#36 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Only one problem with EP3's though, I don't mean the torque business as if you want torque go buy something else, but the turning circle, its not bad mate, its really bad :lol:

You might look like a girl when parking or maneuvering in tight areas, if you got long hair then thats not an issue :)

#37 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

basicly all you said there was wrong... hwy not mod a "new" car when you can mod them in just as many ways as an old one? by what age do you consider a car old enough to mod
personaly id love a new car, we built this at work, it had driven 80 miles from bristol to the work shop and stripped down and built back up to R2 spec, took about 3 months including shell prep and paint, basicly just the 2 of us working on it
Posted Image
personaly, if i had the cash, id spend money on a new car and of course mod it so make an already fast car faster

He's only joshing around mate :)

I just like having a little banter :D

its like with all cars, take subaru's for example. love to own one but such a massive "chav" "idiot" name to the drivers of them

I dont think you can enjoy a car as much when idiots drive them and you get dirty looks

I'd love a scooby but I don't think I would look good in a genuine (fake) burberry cap either :lol:

#38 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

He's only joshing around mate :)

well i guess my humor chip burnt out early today and i fail :lol: doh lol

#39 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Its not you mate as I thought the same thing but thats an impulse thing or a keyboard thing, forums are complicated

Far easier to talk :)

#40 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

How about a DC5? I'd much prefer one to a civic :)

#41 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

After a new car, but have noticed the car I fancy, is now sometimes driven by boyracing chav types.
Car in question is the Honda civic type R EP3, or sometimes known as the breadvan.
I will modify, mugen twin loop exhaust and induction, Tein coilovers, Brembo brakes and poly bushes with uprated ARB's. May go on to do more engine/ecu mod's, but honda's are very expensive to get power/torque from without going forced induction.
Car will be a daily runner, but also intend on getting dome track days in. No body mods planned whatsoever.

At 35 will I look like a chav? Missus prefers the newer type r civic (fn2), but it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

If your after a car to tune I'd stay well clear of the EP3 unless your planning on making the differential your first modification. I'm on my 3rd v-tec model (DC2 import, Civic Coupe Vti and the EP3) and without doubt the EP3 is the one out of the three that's on the edge of 'drive' capabilities. If it's damp and the road is greasy (also because of the sports clutch) you will wheel spin off every start (unless you start in 2nd) and if it's wet you will wheel spin when you down gear into the v-tec rev range... and that's with standard power.

The differential is useless - I wouldn't even contemplating modding the power on mine as the ££ would be lost unless I spent mega ££ on a new diff to get the power down.

From personal experiences If your after a Honda to play with go for a DC2... it already has an LSD and the B-series engines can take 250 horses without going boom :P

#42 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

I would as well, but the missus really doesn't like to large spoiler on the back.
I'd still prefer an s2000. Maybe if I wait until say may next year, I could get one instead. Evo 8 as well, but running costs are really high.

I to have had a JDM ITR. Can honestly say it was the best car I've owned, in that it was fairly quick, handled well once bushes\mounts etc were freshened up, fairly good on fuel if not constantly in Vtec mode, and easily fitted 4 adults in relative comfort with a big boot. Only problem is the massive spoiler on the back. Can't say I'm still not tempted though lol.

[IMG]http:/i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/matt2377/image007.jpg[IMG]

Edited by mattdc2r, 21 July 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#43 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

550 miles to a tank of fuel rather than 200....... Result!!!!

Ouch, I got 360 miles out of my 2.0 Turbo, once. Normally manage 300 miles though!
Was a nice surprise to fill the mini up and find only £30 brimmed the tank!

#44 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

I would as well, but the missus really doesn't like to large spoiler on the back.
I'd still prefer an s2000. Maybe if I wait until say may next year, I could get one instead. Evo 8 as well, but running costs are really high.

I to have had a JDM ITR. Can honestly say it was the best car I've owned, in that it was fairly quick, handled well once bushes\mounts etc were freshened up, fairly good on fuel if not constantly in Vtec mode, and easily fitted 4 adults in relative comfort with a big boot. Only problem is the massive spoiler on the back. Can't say I'm still not tempted though lol.

[IMG]http:/i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/matt2377/image007.jpg[IMG]

Never mind the spoiler being big it completes the look of a DC2. My girlfriends brother has a JDM DC2 striped out and thats very quick, until he blew the clutch :)

By the way my brother has a S2000 for sale :P

#45 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Well, having discussed it with the missus, she is happy to drive our van and sell her car, so I'll be getting an S2000. But as I'm off to afghan in a few weeks, will be buying it when I get back. Getting an S2k doesmean that I'll no longer be able to afford the triumph street triple R I was going to buy. Which is probably for the best as I'd probably have ended up dead. Pic will be posted up when we buy ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users