37 replies to this topic

#31 miniwade

miniwade

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

its been a while since i last updated my build thread so here goes as there has been a few changes,
first off i chaged the seats for some composite/carbon fibre ones which i love and are alot comfier than they look
Posted Image
Posted Image

i then also had the car dyno'd with the smaller r6 itb's and it became apparent that they were to small and restricting the engine to 145 bhp so i swapped them for a set of cbr1000rr jobies and sent it back to be mapped with much better results
Posted Image
Posted Image

and on the dyno it made a healthy 169 bhp and around 134 ft lbs of torque :)

Posted Image

the car is now all tax'd mot'd and insured so is road legal,
last weekend i thought i would take it to oulton park for a bit of a shakedown test to see how it was
ighlighted a few issues but nothing that cannot be sorted easily enough.
a quick driveby vid of the sound of those lovely itb's singing :)

and a couple of incar for you with a couple of spins :)

hope you like

#32 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Love the way its breaking traction out of almost every corner.

Surprised by the little mount of torgue steer though?

Also think you might need some concrete in the boot..... :gimme: :P

#33 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Need to learn to heal and toe! Will help you keep it in Vtec more often coming out of corners which means quick quick quick lap times!

Car seems to be performing well! Loving the engine in black with the carbon and loving the seats :)

Edited by Mini 360, 22 November 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#34 LouisT

LouisT

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Looks and sounds awesome, great little car,

how much would it cost to do a conversion like this?

cheers

Louis

#35 miniwade

miniwade

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Need to learn to heal and toe! Will help you keep it in Vtec more often coming out of corners which means quick quick quick lap times!

Car seems to be performing well! Loving the engine in black with the carbon and loving the seats :)

yeah heal and toe would be good but due to an illness i have i am not very flexible on my muscles and joints so cannot manage heal and toe :(
im sure i would of been ok but for some reason when the car had done a couple of laps the gearbox got really tight and i couldnt seem to select gears which was getting me all in a mess and missing braking points and stuff like that.another issue was that the brakes were sticking on the front so used the bias valve to release the front a little but that made the rears lock up first which wasnt good, rear arches need tubbing aslo as they were scrapping baddly and even cut a new tread in both rear tyres .
all these little issues will get sorted then hopefully i will have the confidence to push alot harder :)
cheers for the nice comments :)

#36 miniwade

miniwade

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Looks and sounds awesome, great little car,

how much would it cost to do a conversion like this?

cheers

Louis

dont even go there lol, im upwards of 10k and i know there is stil money to be spent on the final little tweaks. also alot of man hours was spent getting it where it is today :)

#37 miniwade

miniwade

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

after the trackday which highlighted a few issues such as rear arches catching badly and the pressure relief valve sticking i got to work and rebuilt the servo after learning there were 2 parts internally missing so managed to get that sorted and now the car stops as it should and the brakes release properly which will give me a bit more confidence next time out on track :)
i then had the rear arches tubbed so now the wheels are never likely to catch so im going to drop it a bit on the rear coilovers :)
i also had some extended ear stub axles fitted which does away with the horrible watsons 60mm spacer which imo are not to safe.
this weeks job is to fit my integra dc2 cams and get the map tweaked and hopefully see just over 180 bhp.
oh and 1 more lille thing.
my car is featured in this months miniworld magazine :) march edition

Edited by miniwade, 22 January 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#38 miniwade

miniwade

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

well its been a while since i updated this thread, had a few changes.
first off i fiited a b18c6 integra dc2 engine fitted with high compression pistons and headwork and to finish it off with a nice set of 48mm jenvey throttle bodies.
i had the car mapped and it managed a healthy 204bhp and 155ft lbs of torque
heres a graph of it, the green lines are my previous b16 engine and the red ones are the new b18 :)

Posted Image

after that i took it to mini in the park at santa pod and managed to pull a 12.9s 1/4 mile @ 108mph which i was pretty impressed with as i did have a few issues and reckon on a good day i can get a 12.7 :)

a bit of a complilation of some incar footage at pod, notice the bonnet lifting up and acting like a parachute at about 90mph :(

me vs a promotive r1 :)

i have added a few other bits and bobs and had a new gearbox as the trackday at oulton park turned out there was only 1/2 a cup full of oil in there instead of the 3 litres that should of been in there which explained why i was struggling for gears after a lap or to :(
the rear arches have been tubbed and the whole car has now been lowered around 2" alround and handles beautifully now in comparison.
also i have changed the rear brake cylinders and now the front brakes lock on the front before the rears for the first since building the conversion.
as ever there are still a few bits/tweaks that i want to do but they can be done over the winter period :)
hope you like

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users