5 replies to this topic

#1 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:36 PM

as my project car has no engine in being pushed everywhere it needs to - pushed it backwards out of the garage and it was fine, went to push it forwards again and the o/s rear locked up but then freeded as it got pushed back again.

Was fine about a 2 weeks ago last time it came out the garage and it has all the rear end and brakes fully rebuilt but none bled yet.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rob

#2 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:48 AM

my old mini van used to do this , worked fine otherwise , was a sticking slave cylinder , i all ways had to go back a foot before going forward (till i fixed it ) i fitted a new slave and fitted new shoes while i was at it , had to free off the adjustor , was fine after
(thinking about it , there might have been a broken spring when i striped it down )
Let me know how you get on :grin:

#3 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:14 AM

Check the handbrake pivots, prefrably don't use it, with standing and not being used the shoes can stick to the drums.

As it is after you have fitted new shoes, its probably due to the roughness of the new shoes and the self servo-ing action of the rear brakes, just pulling themselves on.

Siggy

#4 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:05 AM

its probably just the new shoes not quite central, and as siggy says, grabbing in the drum, backk your adjuster right off, or pull the drum off and try and get the shoes as central as possible.

#5 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

Try aligning the shoes by pulling the handbake on and off a load of times, then check and re-adjust on the drum as necessary.

#6 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

the car doesnt yet have a handbrake hooked up as im still waiting for the cable.
will check all has been said but it wont be touched until atleast middle of next week as the red 1 is in the garage gettin a respray n MOT work done

rob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users