9618 replies to this topic

#9601 Lplus

Lplus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 August 2024 - 07:45 PM

Replumbed the servo on my clubman estate to operate before the PDWA valve instead of after.  Now it matches the plumbing of my saloon's servo.

#9602 and90cooper

and90cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 08:14 PM

My 1330 was idling at around 1200 rpm( not sure why!)
Five seconds with a flat head screwdriver and we’re down to just under 1000 rpm-im calling that a win…

#9603 and90cooper

and90cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 08:15 PM

Sorry-double post!

Edited by and90cooper, 17 August 2024 - 08:15 PM.

#9604 Pee

Pee

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2024 - 12:02 PM

Replaced the 20 year old twin centre exit exhaust for an RC40 twin box to my SPI. So much quieter and looks very stock… am not sold on it yet!

#9605 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 August 2024 - 12:48 PM

Fitted a new rear seal to the rear light unit.  Bit of a nightmare, what a fiddly job.  I've done it as best I can, but still not 100% happy with it... and then put it back in its outside car cover until next weekend (weather permitting).

I don't have a garage at home, so my Mini tends to sit out from about April until October, however that's taking its toll on exposed rubber bits and on the paint which has gone very flat too.  Combined with the non-existent summer we've had here in the West of Scotland (still waiting for it to start...) its now spending a lot more time tucked up in its car cover, I'll need to carry this on.  The fuel tank neck seal rubber is in a terrible state too, and I think its only 3 years old.

#9606 roughneckin

roughneckin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 August 2024 - 10:07 PM

Replaced the old fuel pump with a new one as it seemed to be getting loud and not filling the filter quickly.  About an hour later and everything is running way better.  

Added some black trim along the edges too and now I match both sides.  Not that you'd know cause really we only look at one side of a car at a time, but I feel better about it now.

#9607 and90cooper

and90cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 01:54 PM

Changed the oil today -I used millers mini oil, I don’t know what oil was in it previously but the slightly notchy gear change has greatly improved, and not too much metal stuck to the magnet so I’m happy with that

#9608 Lplus

Lplus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 August 2024 - 12:11 PM

Went to a reputable exhaust manufacturer not far from me to complain about the manifold of theirs I bought through one of the big suppliers.  One of the flanges was welded on at an angle.  They gave me a new one with accurately welded flanges without insisting I went back to the supplier. 

Props to the manufacturer, diss to the supplier who let a poorly made manifold out of their stores.

#9609 MBVitoria

MBVitoria

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2024 - 11:19 AM

Refitted my front nearside wheelarch after it nearly fell off on a drive the other week. 

Going to the "Minis in the Mountains" run on Sunday (75 minis going apparently) so tomorrow will be devoted to giving her a good clean and polish. Weather looks nice and sunny at the moment.

#9610 neet street

neet street

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 10:55 AM

got the mini started after a couple of years since complete rebuild :-) but brakes have gone? fluid in the master, no sign of leaks at the wheels, but pedal straight to the floor... any ideas...

#9611 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 September 2024 - 03:16 PM

Have you bleed the brakes?

got the mini started after a couple of years since complete rebuild :-) but brakes have gone? fluid in the master, no sign of leaks at the wheels, but pedal straight to the floor... any ideas...

#9612 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 01 September 2024 - 03:31 PM

Seals in the master cylinder would be my guess.

In my experience, they don't take well to lack of use.

#9613 neet street

neet street

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2024 - 07:15 AM

thank you for your suggestion, i have a spare set of seals. i will check next weekend (or before if i can)

#9614 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 09:47 AM

{Thursday} took the mini for it's MOT. Passed with no advisories. Did rain on the way to/from MOT centre so it's going to get a clean today!

#9615 Lplus

Lplus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 01:52 PM

Replumbed the servo on the clubman estate from before the FAM7821 to after the FAM (front line only)  Back to how it was before I changed it the last time..... :shy:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users