markaboot

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

A nice blank canvas :kiss:

yup :lol:

cant wait to get it somewhere close to being able to put my mark on it.

#32 markaboot

markaboot

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

been meaning to do this for a while. i'll update what i've been up to since the last and then show you what i've been doing the last 7 days or so.

that door way bricked up, that was a while back now.

Posted Image

got a card through the door saying my leccy meter was due for changing so saw an opportunity to get the meter man to connect up my new consumer unit at the same time saving me having to pay for someone to come out later and do it.

Posted Image

in between all that i've been working on the kitchen floor. The other floors had a bitumen screed which peeled up easy just with a bar and lifting it. the kitchen had been leveled at some point with a concrete which i had to chisel up, not much fun! whilst doing this i found a huge hole around the water main so thats another job to sort. also gives me a good idea why all my floors have sunk, no hardcore and just packed with reject bricks.

Posted Image

i've fitted my front door and back door. shown here whilst i was gluing the frames together.

Posted Image Posted Image

and i have fitted my bathroom window

Posted Image

more to come soon as i sort the blackberry out.

Edited by markaboot, 06 April 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#33 markaboot

markaboot

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

after getting all my windows in upstairs, and fixing my stairs.

Posted Image

i started work on the front room / hallway floor. cleared all the junk n mess out, swept out all the dust and gave it a couple of coats of sealant.

Posted Image

then i set a level in the highest corner to work from and measured down to the concrete. marked theses measurements on a bits of 3x2 and then cut along the line these to give me a level to work from. packed them off the wall so i can get them out once i've concreted, checked the level and then screwed the shuttering together. also decided to put some chicken wire in the floor, hopefully to help stop it cracking. not sure if it will do anything, guess i'll find out later.

there's me on the 2nd day working on the middle section

Posted Image
(by the way i dont have a weird back, thats my muscles bulging because they were already sore from the day before!)

finished a section a day, starting around 9 and not finishing till at least 6. the middle being the largest and taking the longest :P
i pulled out the last bit of shuttering this morning and filled in up to the wall. the finished result being this!! :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

a lovely, now level new floor and a sore back. just the kitchen to do now :kiss: cant wait.

Edited by markaboot, 06 April 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#34 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Great looking house, nice to see your getting stuck in, have you drawn up any plans? Would be nice to see.

God I hate that type of mixer, so much more effort to work with.

Posted Image
bedroom 3, will most likely be a study / lizard room. my collection is growing and plan to start breeding next year.

Fairly sure breeding with lizards is illegal?

#35 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

So ... is it finished yet? :thumbsup: x

#36 markaboot

markaboot

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

So ... is it finished yet? :) x

nope :)

been meaning to do an update for aaaaaaages!
just been busy with work, then the fire service then the house. im usually too tired to bother.
not to mention the addition of 2 jack russel pups :)
the poor minis are still sat on mum n dads drive looking in a sorry state.
the motorbike is also still in bits oh and the 306 needs lots of work.

lots to do!!

right so a quick update with pics to follow because i havent taken any for a while.

erm bathroom and front bedroom are borded out and plastered.
started tiling the bathroom, i never knew tiles were so expensive!
putting the rest of the wiring in, plumbing, heating. then i can put the kitchen ceiling back up and get that room done.

then i can move in, simples :gimme:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users